Share This Page:

Para training (Air dispatcher)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
agapito

Para training (Air dispatcher)

Post by agapito »

I know you guys probably don't know much about this job, but I'm going to be doing it soon, but despite all my research I cannot seem to get a clear opinion/ answer, what I'm trying to figure out is does an Air dispatcher do the para's training? Please please I'd love for someone to come with this answer.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Ask at your AFCO.
agapito

Post by agapito »

Thats what I thought until I had a read of http://www.army.mod.uk/13aaregt/organis ... /index.htm
just_me

Post by just_me »

If you're talking about Driver Air Dispatch the job description is:

"DRIVER AIR DISPATCH
(ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS)
The Role: Driver Air Dispatchers prepare stores, equipment and vehicles for delivery by air, which involves dropping them by parachute while the aircaft is airbourne.
You might also have the chance to become a military parachutist.
The Skills: You will be taught first aid and aircraft safety procedures, as well as the ability to assemble automatic load extraction systems for parachuted loads. You can also gain a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) licence.
Also Consider: Movement Controller, Supplier."

Otherwise I dunno what job you're talking about.
agapito

Post by agapito »

Thanks but that wasn't much of a help, it's obvious I would have seen that already.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Just trying to help, I don't know what you have or haven't seen but that's pretty clear on the job I think.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

If you're RMR, and if you're about to do this job (presumably not just going into basic training?), then why don't you ask your unit?