Share This Page:

Just Wondering

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
eddie_smith

Just Wondering

Post by eddie_smith »

How long does the Parachute Regiment Training last for? From start to finish
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

It's 28 weeks basic training at Catterick then a 4 week jumps course at Brize Norton.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I've just got a job brief from careers office that says 26 weeks then 4 weeks jump course and says same on para dvd. Why do people confuse me? Which one is it? :)
theuncharmed

Post by theuncharmed »

Chances are it 26 weeks with 2 weeks CIC and P-Coy.

I had trouble with so many different stories of how and what with the Paras - heck I've been given different times and dates for meetings too.

The important thing, is that it doesn't matter. If you want to be a Para you'll do the course regardless - 26 / 28 weeks, same difference to me.
agapito

Post by agapito »

Know what I always wonderd, does training count as part of your 4 years minimum service?
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

sterion66 wrote:I've just got a job brief from careers office that says 26 weeks then 4 weeks jump course and says same on para dvd. Why do people confuse me? which 1 is it :)
It'll just be an out of date version of the joining instructions. The course was 26 weeks but has been increased to 28 weeks.

Anyway see for yourself here's a link to one of Sandy the Guvnor's posts:

viewtopic.php?p=191723&highlight=#191723

agapito Yes your basic training does count to your 4 years service, unless you're under 18 in which case it starts from your 18th birthday.