Share This Page:

1.5 Mile at RSC

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
rich88

1.5 Mile at RSC

Post by rich88 »

Hi, im new to this site but have used some of the info for a while and found it useful. Iv started my application to the Para Reg and have been training hard for a while now. Confident about upper body but have a question about the 1.5 mile run. My best time at the moment is 8:45 but using the search buttons I have read mixed comments about the warm up at RSC. Obviously ifs it a slow 800 metres that will be cool and not make a difference to my time, but ifs a medium paced 1.5 mile I could see that making a difference!

Any help much appreciated :D
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

wont make a difference either way pal a least not enough to make you fail stop flapping
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

it'll probably help you mate if you run 1.5 miles quick enough you'll find muscles that aren't quite warmed probably aching and your beathing won't be as controlled. If your heart rate is raised and legs are warmed up makes it easier in my opinion :) I can't see them doing 800m too fast buddy. Good luck with your application
SHOOT_ME

Post by SHOOT_ME »

The 800m warmup is light jogging/power walking as a group - nothing to worry about. Watch out for the PT the night before though, since my legs were still stiff from that when we did the 1.5 the next morning :).
rich88

Post by rich88 »

cheers for the help, just wanted to make sure id pass 1st time. Nice one