Share This Page:

Upper-age limit for the Paras

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Boxingmad

Upper-age limit for the Paras

Post by Boxingmad »

Is it still 26 years old for the upper-age limit for para reg, or have they had to go with the government's new policy & take in people up to 33?
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
ofens

Age limits

Post by ofens »

Hi, have a look here: http://www.army.mod.uk/para/soldier_rec ... /index.htm
It says upper age 33, like the rest of the army.
Are you applying? How old are you mate?
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

I'm 30. Might do an S type for 12 months as I'm training in TA, but getting restless at work, and could do with some time out.
Paraintraining

Post by Paraintraining »

Have they increased the age because they have realised that people up to that age are still perfectly capable, or is it just a case of needing more people in the regiment?

Chris
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

It's for the whole army, not just the Paras. They're short of recruits so they're letting everyone have a crack at it, not just young 'uns. However, the Paras' standards won't have changed, so they'll still have good quality men training to be paratroopers. Age means nothing. If you're fit enough, you're young enough.
Paraintraining

Post by Paraintraining »

On the topic of ages; when you go to depot, do you get formed up with other lads of the same age. Or is it just a case of, you get put with the other 59 guys who passed selection and enter training on the same date as you?

Chris
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

im 23 next week and im in week 11 of training in depot i have at teast three others in my section that have more or less only just turned 17 and they are immature as f@#k aswell as a few select others in my platoon but they soon grow up with the beastings that they give them.if you cant handle some one the same age or even younger than you in some cases giving you orders ie the staff which are all younger than one bloke in my platoon then depot is definatly not for you
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Paraintraining

Post by Paraintraining »

I'm 20 so not the most mature in the world, but was just wondering as i remember the AFCO saying that they sometimes send people to selection in groups by age. I have no issues whatsoever with different ages.

It may even make me feel old if there are a few 17 year olds in my platoon!! :P

Chris