Share This Page:

People who pretend to be something they're not

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
UtrinqueParatus

People who pretend to be something they're not

Post by UtrinqueParatus »

Dont you just hate it when people talk pure s**t about being something they are not, i met a guy on an insight course november last year and now he is online telling me he started training in catterick for para on the 26th of jan and is now in "2 section" williams coy now he is on leave and doesnt go back till tuesday. He is online every night till about 4am and cant tell me a god damn thing about catterick or what platoon he was in before williams coy.

People like this should be shot...

I wonder how the instructors would react to this information if he did show up to training in a couple of months?
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

Parachute regiment and the SAS are the two largest units the world has ever seen at about 10 o clock in the pub :D .Get used too it .
The British army is very small and someone claiming to be something they are not are usually found out .Fallen for two of these types in the past
Sad fact is one was a fairly decent bloke and could have gone far if he cut out the bullshit as it was he left the unit at speed pursued by an instructor who had been para :lol: .
jay999

Post by jay999 »

I have seen it alot in my normal life as a civilian. I don't try and expose them i just laugh to myself. I don't really care if anyone else thinks he is a marine or a para or something because they are just dickheads really.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Got to do with insecurity I suppose.

Then again, my best pal is ex 2Para, on one visit to the States he was on the range and then told him "Man those paras are really SF aren't they..."

He's believed he is SF ever since :lol:

Mind you I am not going to argue with him....
liam beasant

Post by liam beasant »

It doesnt anger me i find them amusing. I was on holiday with a mate and his family a few years back and these lads claimed they were sas. For ten days we listened to their bullshit and then on the last day my mates dad gave them his card which said his name followed by O.C CTW Special boat service :D . Their expressions were priceless. Liars always get found out.
JumpFreak

Re: People who pretend to be something they're not

Post by JumpFreak »

utrinqueparatus wrote:I wonder how the instructors would react to this information if he did show up to training in a couple of months?
viewtopic.php?t=14958

I wonder indeed Rhys - I wonder indeed...!
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

Oh boo hoo hoo...

:-?
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
fodd

Post by fodd »

lol thanks thats made me laugh so much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol i had one fella hear me talking to someone i know about my injury from bootneck training he was bragging he was SB and said he was an ex bootneck when i asked him what unit he was in he just said devon so i started laughing turned out he was a cpl in the cheshires
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Artist

Post by Artist »

I just hate it when people who have never served in the Paras or indeed the armed forces sound off like they know whats going on! :evil:

Please read the sticky ref abuse. Far to much is hitting the site of late.

Artist
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

kanedaRMC

That posts says all we need to know about you on this forum - a lot of hot air not of much use to anyone.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

kanedaRMC wrote:It was a joke mate, lighten up.
Sure I will lighten up.... when you start posting something sensible and stop pretending you are the worlds's expert on everything when you have done nowt yourself.

And I am not your mate.
_chris

Post by _chris »

kanedaRMC wrote: I dont pretend im an expert on everything, I have done more than most 16 year olds have in their life,Seems you have a problem with me fella ;) Dont like the youth of today ehh? ( me neither :wink: ) Lets not drag this into the forums mate PM me and tell me what my problems are and i will improve on them cheers :)
Examples? Why don't you like the youth of today, what makes you think your better then everyone else your age?

Edit: Also I've never found anyone on here to have any issue with people because of their age, just personality
Last edited by _chris on Wed 21 Mar, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Kaneda,

In the nicest way possible, please grow up and take a look at 'all' the posts you are making. You have made post after post on threads whilst not adding anything usefull to them. You appear to be baiting people including moderators for a kick of somekind. If somehow this is not what you are doing then i appologise, but then at least realise this is how it comes across and make an effort to stop it.

If you are serious about joining the Royal Marines then try to stop getting on the wrong side of people on this forum, as it could prove very usefull to you and your ambtitions. There are people on this site with great amounts of experience willing to help people who are genuine in their hopes. You would do well to listen to them, and that should start here and now when some of the 'old and bold' are giving you some advice about toneing down your attitude and countless posts which have no real need.

You say you have achieved alot at 16, good for you, but in wanting to become a Royal Marine you have a hell of a lot more yet to do, and many of the people on here have already been there and done it, so do yourself a favour and listen to them.

dwarfy
jamie534

Post by jamie534 »

_chris wrote:
kanedaRMC wrote: I dont pretend im an expert on everything, I have done more than most 16 year olds have in their life,Seems you have a problem with me fella ;) Dont like the youth of today ehh? ( me neither :wink: ) Lets not drag this into the forums mate PM me and tell me what my problems are and i will improve on them cheers :)
Examples? Why don't you like the youth of today, what makes you think your better then everyone else your age?
I'd like to hear this aswell.
_chris

Post by _chris »

Doesn't look like we're getting an answer jamie. Apologies to mods for this, I try not to join arguments, I'll try harder in future :lol: .