Share This Page:

TABBING Partner

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
rc951

TABBING Partner

Post by rc951 »

hi guys.

Basically i'm training with 144 para and trying to prepare for Pcoy. Also looking to go regular in august 07. Basically i'm looking for someone or even a group of people that would like to go tabbing up and down hills at different locations in the country on weekends etc. I am of AVERAGE fitness and would like people who can push me to my limits,

Going to places like dartmoor, Beacons etc is great but not much fun on your own. If there is anyone interested please let me know. maybe we could start up alittle club. Also if there is anyone that Tabs regularly and doesnt mind me for company that would be great.

look forward to some replies i hope!!!!!!

Rx
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

hi im looking for someone to go tabbing with meself but i start basic in jan 07 so itd have to be soon
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
briggfoot

Post by briggfoot »

mate, where abouts are you?

I am up for that, have a car and will drive. Go halfs on petrol.

I just got back from a weekend walking a few peaks in Snowdonia.

I don't have any selection coming up soon, but i enjoyed beasting myself up hills this weekend.

All the best
Andy
briggfoot

Post by briggfoot »

p.s, I am also of average fitness, but i think walking with other like-minded people would improve it.

Andy
sky ninja steve

i was thinking about some navigation stuff round the brecons for a long weekend if anyone is up for that?
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
_chris

Post by _chris »

sky ninja steve wrote:i was thinking about some navigation stuff round the brecons for a long weekend if anyone is up for that?
Camping? When would you be looking at doing that?
briggfoot

Post by briggfoot »

hi,
i was also thinking about a weekend in Brecon doing some hiking.

It was quite windy this weekend on some of the peaks in North Wales, so we may have to chill out with the height etc. No snow as yet however. I never realized how unforgiving these high hills/mountains are.

I was thinking of going sometime after the 17th December for a few days.

Andy
sky ninja steve

brigg said:

I was thinking of going sometime after the 17th December for a few days

yeah that sounds good to me do u have a hot mail account ? if so pm it to me and it'll be easier to contact u that way to sort out meet piont and the such. my hot mail account shandley@hotmail.co.uk
briggfoot

Post by briggfoot »

PM sent Steve,

Anyone else up for this. RC951, i notice your in the midlands too. Where abouts.

This thread could be benneficial to quite a few of us, provided we are sensible and safe with any walks we decide to do.

Andy
UtrinqueParatus

Post by UtrinqueParatus »

Anything around wales i.e brecon beacons im up for i live about 20 miles away from brecon so anyone looking to do anything around there count me in.
sky ninja steve

does nobody actually post in the paras thread anymore????
UtrinqueParatus

Post by UtrinqueParatus »

i noticed that it has been dead for a few weeks
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Well, this place has been known to be more RM eccentric, so just bare that in mind. :wink:
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
Paratrooper

Post by Paratrooper »

Im in 2 para at the moment but wouldnt mind doing some of the hills with you lot over x mass.
JoeAllen28

Post by JoeAllen28 »

alrite guys

im from the midlands (near stafford) and would love to do some tabbing/yomping some time. i usually go with my best mate but hes joining the army at start of jan. i dont start RT for marines till start of feb, so if you wanted to met up and do a bit before thrn, id be well up for it.

joe
Applied: January 06
Phycometric test: 14th Feb 06
Eye Test: 16th Feb 06