Share This Page:

Bad Lads Army - Para Staff?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Boxingmad

Bad Lads Army - Para Staff?

Post by Boxingmad »

I've only just started watching BLA? Am I right in assuming that both the section corporals are ex para reg? Are any of the other staff?
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

I watched it for the first time last night. The para smocks and the position of the cap badge did suggest ex-para reg in at least one of them.
Maroon

Post by Maroon »

Cpl Joe Murray is ex 1 Para, the other guy is ex Green Jacket I think, as for the rest of them...not sure 8)
"Every man an Emperor!"
Pheonix19

Post by Pheonix19 »

Shame theres so much publicity on BLA. If they had a full on para corporal things would be ALOT different on the series.
Pain is nothing but weakness leaving the body
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

They should do a docu or a new series on the Paras, or a challenge, something along the lines of "SAS - Are You Tough Enough?"
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

The Paras dont recieve as much publicity as the SAS. Therefore i dont think it would work. After the Falklands war there was a stream of Para documentaries because of the publicity they recieved in the conflict.
Utrinque Paratus
Pheonix19

Post by Pheonix19 »

Over 20 years ago, the BBC did a whole series on the Parachute Regiment, called THE PARAS. That was pretty good. I recon they should think about doing it again, only for a more modern follow-threw of Para reg training.

The only problem I find with bad lads army, lads army, the paras, is there media orientated. Even the series on the paras, left out all the swearing, the beastings, basically everything that seperates the paras from the rest of the army, training wise. Then again, there not exactly going to go showing all that on TV.
Pain is nothing but weakness leaving the body
got1

Post by got1 »

If there real, I would like to know where they got the "Denison Smock's"the staff are wearing.
They are prized possessions amongst the old and bold, and I haven't got one :cry:

Post by Guest »

I thought those smocks were just a prop for the show!! I can never imagine servicemen wearing those hidious jackets :D But they were probably the 'bees knees' in their day, and we may well be laughing at our current kit in 50 years time :o

James
joshualoftus

Post by joshualoftus »

James, I think many people laugh at out kit now, let alone in 50 years, lol.
Check it out, Independently targetting particle-beam phalanx. VWAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart-missles, phased plasma pulse-rifles, RPG's. We got sonic electronic ballbreakers, we got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks..."
johnnyboy

RE: Dad lads army

Post by johnnyboy »

Last edited by johnnyboy on Wed 13 Oct, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tab

Post by Tab »

When the first one was shown I think they said that both corporals were ex Para's, and the one with the Greek sounding name was a former CSM.
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

Corporal Nauyokas is the short greek one. To be fair all the training staff seem to be decent blokes.
Utrinque Paratus
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

Only Joe Murray is an ex-para. I think Nayoukas is RGJ. The provo sergeant started out in Royal Ordanance corps and went on to SF. The rest of the RP's are non-military bouncers and bodyguards. As for the officers and the sergeant, don't know.
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
Lance

Post by Lance »

I got this from the ITV website: Nookie and Joe

Corporals Richard Nauyokas (Nookie) and Joe Murray have both served in war. Nookie fought in Kosova and Joe - who spent twenty two years with the para's - has fought in Sierra Leone and Kosova. Both are now retired from the army but Joe is currently working for a civilian company in Iraq as a 'Deployment Supervisor' for a communications company that supplies the British army with phone and internet communication with home. He will back off to Iraq on Saturday.
"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction."
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Collins