Share This Page:

Kit List for Para Recruits

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

The official army kit list!!?.
No soap (shower gel yes) typical pongo !

SH
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Shower gel Shoulders, but NO FARKIN INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT :roll:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Tab

Post by Tab »

What showers

Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Shoulderholster wrote:The official army kit list!!?.
No soap (shower gel yes) typical pongo !

SH
There was soap on the kit list, i just didnt bother putting it on because its silly stuff and nobody uses it! Why have soap when you have shower gel.

Perhaps its a Royal thing, does soap last longer than shower gel when you are having 5 showers a day? :roll:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Shoulderholster

It all depends on what your washing mate.
Good old Pussers hard you could dhobi yourself and your kit with it,Issue soap must be a thing of the past!!

SH
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Shoulderholster wrote:It all depends on what your washing mate.
Good old Pussers hard you could dhobi yourself and your kit with it,Issue soap must be a thing of the past!!

SH
You still get it on ops!
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

Essence thread Para01, good discussion.

Ref the 1" elastic band, i see some enterprising scroat on e-bay is selling this, some scrim/hessian and netting as a 'helmet cam kit'.

One thing I recall seeing, was about a dozen + safety pins (big ones) pinned inside the Para smock, in case the zip bust....mind you that was in the '80's......

Foley - learn to sew NOW. A bit of spare DPM material for patching isn't a bad idea either. Boot elastics - are they on the list or did i miss them? And a spare cleaning kit....spare FFDs....racking my memory now....long thick-ish cable ties (a multitude of uses)....cam cream, black masking tape (duct tape); come to think of it most of this stuff is more for ops than any other time. One other thing - buckshees. Not that they are a problem in Afghanistan, but in my day they were a handy thing to know how to get your hands on.

Get through P-Coy first mate, best of luck.
Shoulderholster

Mr G Ronnie
Its nice to know that they can still issue something of use.Bet when they run out they will find a source from Latvia or some such country,soap that doesn't lather and .50 cal rounds that dont go bang!.
Para1
What about a dhobi bucket?,worth its wieght in gold.

SH
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

[quote="BigStevie"]One thing I recall seeing, was about a dozen + safety pins (big ones) pinned inside the Para smock, in case the zip bust....mind you that was in the '80's....../quote]

You won't be getting one one those (Para Smock) as a joe, you've got to earn it!! :o
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Shoulderholster wrote:Para1
What about a dhobi bucket?,worth its wieght in gold.

SH
Never heard of anything like that being used by the blokes.

During training in Catterick there is the "dhobi slut" who does all your washing for you and you get it back the next day. If you ask her nicely she will lend a snazzy dress for the post p-coy pissup :lol:
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Paratrooper01 wrote:During training in Catterick there is the "dhobi slut" who does all your washing for you and you get it back the next day.
Shit the bed, we had to do all our dhobi in the sinks when I was in junior Para!! Kids these days etc etc :D
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Greenronnie wrote:Shit the bed, we had to do all our dhobi in the sinks when I was in junior Para!! Kids these days etc etc :D

Nice! And they call 3 Para gungy!? :o

I was threatened to have the sink wrapped round my head by one of the screws if i ever washed my kit in it again :lol:

Used the bath, showers and "utility sinks" for washing webbing, bergan, boots etc. All clothing either got done by the dhobi slut, or by ourselves if she was too busy.
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Yeah, it is a bit harder when you come off the steeplechase covered in crap, and have to have all your kit pristine in your locker by 8am the next day (to Guards Depot standards) when there's no 'dhobi slut' to square you away. We had 3 sinks between 27 of us too.
Foley

Post by Foley »

ta BigStevie ill have to pay a visit to good old grandma for a few sewing lessons :)
Shoulderholster

Fark me! you know those sinks are just for show,I agree Mr Green,these lads have it cushy dhobi slut! warm water!.

SH