Share This Page:

Rejoining

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Epicurean

Rejoining

Post by Epicurean »

Hi,
First time on this forum and I’m looking for anyone currently serving or anyone who has served to answer my question.

I’m lookong at rejoining again as a regular, I left RT back in 2011 due to an injury. Tried reapplying a year later to be told that due to the nature of the injury that this wouldn’t be possible. Two years later after numerous disputes and appeals I received a letter from RN stating that I would be given another chance on the premise that I understand if the injury reoccurs then I will have a permanent bar to entry.

A lot of stuff happened in between then and now which has put rejoining on the back burner but to be honest it’s all I think about. I’ll be 30 next year, I have a Mrs and a child and I’ve got a good job and I earn more money than I’ll probably ever earn if I rejoin but it’s about more than that right?

Anyway I just want to know if 30 is too old to rejoin full time, I know the official answer to the upper age limit but I want an honest opinion based on experiences.