Share This Page:

New here, looking to join Marines, need advice please!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Llama

New here, looking to join Marines, need advice please!

Post by Llama »

Hi, i'm a 23 year old male, currently working in retail and absolutely hate it. I've always wanted to go into the military and now my position was made redundant I think i'm ready. I'm going to apply for the Royal Marines. I understand the training (mental and physical) is very tough and demanding to say the least but I believe that I'm ready. I just have a few queries.

1. Does anyone have a good training regime to join?

2. Does anyone know of any good informative books/literature to provide insight and give hints/tips??

3. I'm a very keen boxer, would I have time to box and could I box for the Marines?

4. My plan is to join and then specialize as an armourer (bit of a gun nut in my spare time) would this be possible and is the wage for an armourer decent?

5. Also, I do love to shoot in my spare time, so would be very interested in becoming a sniper too, I appreciate the intensity of the sniper training but it won't hurt to give it a go. Does anyone have any insight toward this career path??

6. Last and most importantly, do you honestly enjoy being in the Marines? Is there a good lifestyle and career opportunities.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any help, it would be much appreciated.
Tab

Re: New here, looking to join Marines, need advice please!

Post by Tab »

It would help you if you were as fit as you can get before you joined, this would the ease trouble with fitness during training.
Boxing I would suggest that you leave that until you have finished your training and have joined your unit. Shooting unless things have changed they wont let you sign out a rifle and ammunition on your own, You will get ample of chances to fire a weapon and if you are a good shot then there are snipers and competition shooting that you can do.

Being a Marine is joining a family and it can be great if you are cut out for it.
Rover

Re: New here, looking to join Marines, need advice please!

Post by Rover »

For the best information on joining the Royal Marines go to this web site;
http://www.royalmarines.uk/
Admit nothing. Deny everything.