Share This Page:

I'm bored of my training program

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Bees

I'm bored of my training program

Post by Bees »

Anyone doin any goodn's?

at the moment I run 3 times a week. a 6 mile steady jog, 3 mile interval training, 2 mile best effort.

circuits 4 times a week
Squats, sit ups, press ups, lunges, alternating squat thrust, geckos, burpees, plank, close grip press up.

1st 30sec, second 45sec, 3rd 1min, 4th 45sec
timex

Re: I'm bored of my training program

Post by timex »

Try a bit of variation, its not some sort of dogmatic programme. Try running about 4 mile stopping every half mile doing 10 mins of sit ups etc etc. can you go off road and do some x-country? Have you got a bike, can you go swimming?

Keep doing the work it will pay off but try to keep it interesting!
daz89

Re: I'm bored of my training program

Post by daz89 »

Your programme looks quite good I done something similar when I started training.. If your running’s up to a good standard I would suggest taking up boxing. I did this and it really boosted my cardio. It’s a different kind of stamina lasting 12 rounds of boxing lol!

The boxing circuits are pretty good as well, I incorporated them into my own ones like this:

Warm up

Skip 3 mins..

You then have 1 minute to do the following circuit before skipping again:

20 press ups
10 press ups
10 burpee jumps
15 sit ups

repeat 3 times with 1 minute in between skipping, this is when you do the excercises.. The quicker you get them done the more time you get before you have to start skipping again!

have a drink and stretch then move straight onto this, try not to take to long though.

Circuit

skip 3 mins

You get 4 minutes to complete this before skipping again:

20 press ups
20 burpees
40 incline sit ups
20 squats
20 leg raises

Repeat this 3 times as well. Again, try to get the exercises done quickly but don’t sacrifice good form for speed. I do my incline sit ups on a bench but if you don’t have one just do normal sit ups.

Try it out mate its something different to just doing press ups and sit ups etc.. Any questions just ask.