Share This Page:

Finally Re-joining

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Macca

Finally Re-joining

Post by Macca »

Hi guys, I used to visit this site quite often a few years back, this site helped me through my selection process with regards to gaining more knowledge about the Corps aswel as helping me get an understanding of what to expect. I posted a new thread on here back in 2007 when I left Recruit Training but since then I've not visited the site much.

I left RT because of problems back at home and also needed extra life experience ect, within the first 6 months of leaving RT I had a few pretty dull jobs such as Post office counter assistant and then worked in a warehouse, basically just wanted to get some money behind me for the time being but after 6 months of doing jobs I didn't enjoy I decided to quit my job to jump onto an 'Intensive Outdoor Activity Instructor Training Course' which was fantastic, loved every minute of it, when I passed the course I was then able to work at activity adventure centres and help instruct activities such as Rock Climbing, kayak/canoeing, abseiling, Hiking and many more. With my new job I also managed to get some work at a centre in the French alps for a few months, aswel as up in scotland and gained some awesome experiences and done some fun and exciting stuff.

The Marines have always been on my mind since I left RT in week 9 and after gaining some decent life experiences I am now eager to get back into Training. I've already passed my PJFT and interview and I'm currently waiting for my PRMC date. Anyway just though I'd report back to the site that helpe me out first time round.

If anyone has any Questions about my experience of RT ect then just ask.

cheers guys

Macca
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Good luck Macca.

When you say you needed more life experience, was that the RM's opinion or yours.

Cheers.
"If you can't push yourself to make the final grade after all that training then f@#k it, don't do the show, don't even turn up, go home nobody gives a f@#k.....but you should."
Rodney Roller.

One Life, Live it
Macca

Re: Finally Re-joining

Post by Macca »

Hi buddy, it was my opinion mate, I think I made the right decision aswel as I have grown up and learned alot over the last few years. Plenty more to learn and experience.
jimmyingram-iow

Post by jimmyingram-iow »

hi macca, when did you join before? i have a feeling it was around the same time as me as i recognise your name, i used to be on here before as egoindigeonemo, i was in 946 troop, i left after a couple of months and have regretted it ever since, but now i have twins so re joining is bit of a touchy subject with the ex! still thinking of re joining though! anyway good luck with all that is to come! at least you know what is coming now though and how is best to prepare!
james
Macca

Post by Macca »

Hi james,

I was in 947 Troop pal, I'm sure we would have crossed paths at some point during our time down there though mate, I had a mate who was a few weeks ahead of me who was back trooped into your Troop, he was called Cookie, don't know if you remember him.

I've had that thought of regret in my mind ever since I left aswel mate, but then I'm happy with the life experiences I've gained since leaving. Just want to get back to it now though, very much so.

Congratulations on the twins mate, I'm certain its made the decision alot harder for you, but I'm sure which ever direction you go, it will be the right one and I wish you the best of luck fella.
jimmyingram-iow

Post by jimmyingram-iow »

hi macca, how did your PRMC go second time round? james
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Hey Ingram,
Nothing could have got better than 946 eh?
Left after week 10 for no reason really but always knew I would be back in even when I was leaving.
Now living with my girlfriend and her daughter and its pretty difficult to leave them for so long, but its something that has to be done. I start again at the end of this month and cant wait to get stuck in, takes about 9 months or so to get from reapplying to starting.
Coulson.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp