Share This Page:

Suggestions please for upper body exercises

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Butcher

Suggestions please for upper body exercises

Post by Butcher »

Alright lads,

so i have been looking around for a while today and now and the through out the week, and its quite quite annoying that all work out routines i find either require weights or don't focus much on back arms chest work outs with body weight.

so what i would like form any of you would be any suggestions of particular Exercises, full routines if you wish but im just trying to piece together my own right now, to do with only body weight that works the chest arms and back muscles.

sorry if the tone here seems a little terse im quite tired right now but wanted to post this.

Thank you for reading and good night.
Last edited by Butcher on Sun 23 Aug, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
waynepe

Post by waynepe »

For your back try dorsal raises, chest do wide army pressups and for your arms try tricep dips and normal pressups.

Try this site to train specific muscles http://www.exrx.net/index.html it has loads of useful info.
application form : done
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.
daz89

Post by daz89 »

Hi mate, heres what I do 4 times a week. My circuit is a little different because I have a weider body works bench, you can adjust the incline and do sit-ups and pull ups etc on it (so I do all my sit-ups on an incline).

Bodyweight circuit:

40 sit-ups
30 press ups
20 leg raises
10 squats

1 min rest

50 sit-ups
40 press ups
30 leg raises
15 squats

1 min rest

40 sit-ups
30 press ups
20 leg raises
10 squats

I also do pull-ups twice a week, I do them in a pyramid form.

Start by doing the most you can do then rest, then do 1 less, rest, again do one less than the last time etc.. Do you know what I mean?

Even if you dont have a pull up bar at home Im sure you'll be able to find a pole in a park to do them on :wink:

Hope that helps mate, any questions just ask.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

good morning :D

thank you for the responses they have been quite helpful, that site is very useful too thanks waynepe :).
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Don't get used to doing wide Army type press-ups.
As you are trying for the Marines there are phot's of the Marine style press-up in Search(But for some reason I can't find it right now) :o