Share This Page:

Lets try this again.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
ADDiction

Lets try this again.

Post by ADDiction »

I started the RM recruitment process a few years ago now, but due to medical and personal reasons let it go.

This time round it's on, and I feel f@#k excited.

No messing around, I want to power through the selections and take my shot at becoming a royal.

Because you never know, I might actually pull it off.

Say hey to AJ for me if he still hasn't gone in lol.
"If you can't push yourself to make the final grade after all that training then f@#k it, don't do the show, don't even turn up, go home nobody gives a f@#k.....but you should."
Rodney Roller.

One Life, Live it
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Best of luck mate, go for it! 8) Good luck with the whole 'powering through the selections' thing mind, from what I have read they are pretty busy at the moment although I imagine a lot will go home once they are shouted at! :D I think that AJ has gone in but don't think he checks on here any more.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

All the very best mate, good to see your on track, thought you'd stop using the board along with pretty much everyone else who was around when I first started using this board myself.

Wont be long till I get my shot now

Smash it

Stokey
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Mike,
AJ does still pop in occasionally.

His last post was a couple of weeks back:

http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/ ... ht=#459022
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

good luck mate, have just re applied myself after leaving rt 2 years ago, filled out the paperwork and sent it back the same day I got it. Cant wait to get back in but I know its going to be a long wait.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Stokey_14 wrote:All the very best mate, good to see your on track, thought you'd stop using the board along with pretty much everyone else who was around when I first started using this board myself.

Smash it

Stokey
Hows things Stokes?
"If you can't push yourself to make the final grade after all that training then f@#k it, don't do the show, don't even turn up, go home nobody gives a f@#k.....but you should."
Rodney Roller.

One Life, Live it
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

cruicent wrote:good luck mate, have just re applied myself after leaving rt 2 years ago, filled out the paperwork and sent it back the same day I got it. Cant wait to get back in but I know its going to be a long wait.
Hows things mate?

Funny, because I was told there wasn't any wait lol.

I know the Army is crammed, and the RAF is temporarily closed lol, but the RM is usually fine.
Rodney Roller.

One Life, Live it
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

ADDiction wrote:
Stokey_14 wrote:All the very best mate, good to see your on track, thought you'd stop using the board along with pretty much everyone else who was around when I first started using this board myself.

Smash it

Stokey
Hows things Stokes?
Great cheers mate, just bidding my time at collage before joining up now and enjoying every minuet of it.

Holiday booked for the 26 of this month also 8) sun, sea and women. So no complaints at this end.

How’s the phys side of things, firing on all cylinders I hope? :wink:

Stokey
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Stokey_14 wrote:
ADDiction wrote:

Smash it

Stokey
Hows things Stokes?
Great cheers mate, just bidding my time at collage before joining up now and enjoying every minuet of it.

Holiday booked for the 26 of this month also 8) sun, sea and women. So no complaints at this end.

How’s the phys side of things, firing on all cylinders I hope? :wink:

Stokey
I haven't actually started what I would consider my RM training yet, that begins in 3 weeks.

I've mainly been Bodybuilding/Powerlifting/Strongman for the past year, and the work I have put in to these will I believe give me the edge.

I'm currently sitting at around 196lbs 5ft 11 and relatively lean, and still capable of a 21min 3miler and a 10min 2.4km.

My pushups situps and Pull ups are also all up to standard at this weight, but sacrifices need to be made.

My target weight for PRMC is between 168-175lbs, its a big decision and its gonna be weird lol but I think its the right one. My shin splints for example seem to have no problem bearing sub 13stone but anything above and I feel it big time.

I'll lose strength no doubt, but everything will be so much easier and I'll be far more mobile.

Some of my big lifts 250kg raw deadlift for example should help me with certain aspects of training, and I will try to hold on to them.

I really feel like I could bring a good package to RT, and I feel incredibly driven and excited.

I really believe the lighter you come in the greater your chances of passing out, even if you feel relatively weak. The risk of injury is significantly lower.

Hope you have a good time Stokey.
Rodney Roller.

One Life, Live it
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Similar weight and height to my self, I’m 91 kg (200 Lbs) at 5'11 but I shall drop to 88-89 kg for the new boxing season (my first goal is a midlands ABA tittles and to compete at a national level)

My fitness doesn't seem to suffer due to my size, though when I come to dedicated RM training I’m sure I’ll drop a few more kg then, though I naturally sit around this weight and right now I’m running every other day (stepped up to 5 times a week in-season) and I’m at a low body fat still

very impressive dead lift though mate, 175 for 2 reps is my best effort (ran out of weight plates here at home for a 1 RM) which I don't think is too bad for a 17 year old boxer :P )

Quite a bit of weight to loose but you should be like shite of a shovel come RT

All the best

Stokey
cruicent

Post by cruicent »

They are on summer leave in a bit (or at the moment...), so wont hear much till they get back, they need to send off for my medical documents.
Also I think my security clearance will take quite a while, I applied for the TA same sort of time last year, took them 6 months of waiting before I binned it deciding it wasnt going to be the same as the RM.
Will be a long wait :wink:
Just means I can work on getting my fitness up to scratch. Shouldnt be difficult, already better than I was when I went in and barely do 1/4 of the training I used to, dont ask me how cause I dont understand it either haha.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Got the date for my psychometric today, so I'm happy.

:D
Rodney Roller.

One Life, Live it
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

Hi lads, good luck with your applications. As regards to your weight i really wouldnt worry about target weights and all that stuff. As long as you go in motivated and keen as hell you'l be fine. To be honest id prefer to be heavier as the lighter lads (myself included) struggle more with yomping, altough you wont have people rushing to be your partner for firemans carrys haha. Im gonna try n bulk up abit during summer leave and after my week holiday in shagaluf of course. :drinking:
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
cruicent

Post by cruicent »

haha, should have seen my face drop when I saw who I was partnering up with in the prmc firemans carry on bottom field. Took about half an hour to get all the way there and back (his made up for it cause im a bit on the light side and he was a beast so made in in first). :drinking:
Congrats 946Trp
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

A ten minute 2.4km is an embarrasment no matter what weight you are