Share This Page:

Introductions and my routine ( comments please ? )

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
_BloodStoned_

Introductions and my routine ( comments please ? )

Post by _BloodStoned_ »

Hi.

So, I'm 20 years old and wanting to join the Corps. Long story short - about this time last year, I was two months down the line of training balls-out when I managed to go and injure my back in a climbing accident. With that, I decided to put joining up on hold for a while and wrap up my education while I recovered.

Now it's the summer again and I'm back on the horse, I was wondering if you would comment on where I'm at with my routine ( 5 days a week ATMO )

Morning :

3 Miler followed by 5 pull-ups

Afternoon :

Circuit

25 push-ups
25 sit-ups
20 tricep dips
25 knees-to-chest
25 squats
5 pull-ups

* repeat x4

Sunday mornings, I'm also doing laps round a football pitch near where I live - maybe 9 or 10 from goal to goal, as a kind of sharpening exercise. I find that if I work on getting from one end of the pitch to the other as fast as I can, when I do the 3 miler the next morning my body's better equipped to just explode into sprints over short distances before resuming the standard pace.

What do you think ? Given some work, I'm angling to have started the application process by October.
Last edited by _BloodStoned_ on Mon 29 Jun, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

First thing I’d say is Variation (mix things up) you'll soon get board or stop seeing improvements doing the same thing day in day out. change the distance of runs, different circuits, maybe some swimming/cycling/ punching a punch bag etc .

All helps.

Stokey