Share This Page:

Application length

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
tommy494

Application length

Post by tommy494 »

Hi all

Anyone know how long roughly it is at the moment from starting your application to your RT course?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Around 3 - 4 months.

It all really depends on your recruiter and doctor.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
tommy494

Post by tommy494 »

Thats pretty good not to long. At the moment ive got an application for the RAF Reg going through but decided its not the route i want to take, ive done an application and the medical could any of that be transfered over as their in the same AFCO or is it a starting from stratch sort of scenario?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

You could probably ask nicely for them to send you're details over to the regiment you want, shouldn't be a problem.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Jstagg wrote:You could probably ask nicely for them to send you're details over to the regiment you want, shouldn't be a problem.
He's applying for the Royal Marines.

Artist
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Ah, Still not sure, you might be lucky they might forward, you might have to re take you're medical but might not have to wait that long.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Artist

Post by Artist »

I'm out of date but the normal time period from applying to serving is along the lines of 6 months. As I've said I am a tad out of date so best talk to a serving Bootneck such as Druadan.

Artist
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

6months sounds about right, thats if you pass everything first time and there isnt a delay with your medical, security clearence etc. Even after you pass your PRMC there is around about a 3month wait for an RT date at the moment. Plenty of time to become a fizz monster as you'll need to be for PRMC.

good luck
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
adamb

Post by adamb »

I applied for the marines in July 2007 and was taking my PJFT in March 08. That to me is a long time as i applied for the army in August 08 and was taking my Selection November.

Reason i didn't carry on with the marines was purely just a change of heart :D Not relevant just incase anyone asks why i applied for marines and didnt carry it on.
druadan

Post by druadan »

When I went through it took about seven months from application to starting training (although I asked for an extra couple of months, which I was given). I have a friend just going through the process now, with his PRMC coming up in Feb I think; he started applying late Nov I think, so similar timescale by the looks of things.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

About 6 months. Unlike my case of over two years. 8)
Once you've done your PRMC you can join 364 days later if you choose to (depends on your circumstances though, injury etc). Anything over a year and you'll have to do another PRMC. That's what we were told.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

AHHH AJ your only just beating me mate! about a year and a half for me, injurys are a bitch though aren't they! you'll get there in the end though.
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Dave_1987 wrote:AHHH AJ your only just beating me mate! about a year and a half for me, injurys are a bitch though aren't they! you'll get there in the end though.
Think I've got the bloody record!!! :roll:
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."