Share This Page:

45 Commando, 2009

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
maritime_marine

45 Commando, 2009

Post by maritime_marine »

Just been drafted to 45 and will be going there in 8 weeks time or so after leconfield. Doe's anybody know what the unit has planned for when they return?

Cheers
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Afraid I can't say whats planned, but I did go on a tour of the Barracks a few years ago... we have friends who live in Arbroth and one of them was good friends with a high ranking officer (can't remember exactly his rank) but he showed me round in is last month of 23 years of service just after he had returned from his last tour.

Getting to the point :P it looked to be a great facility everything from a newly built sports building to a ski slope etc.

Also got to have a look around/ have a hot wet in the officers mess...one word... dapper! :P

I'm sure you already know this but it really did look the business and gave me all the more reason to want to join . (Obviously you're way past that stage :wink: )

All the best up there

Stokey

P.S. if you ever get the chance to watch Arboroth football team... do it's a experience and a half :lol: went up last year and the away team brought two fans and the toilets have no roof. :-?
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Well done mate !.
I have a few mates at 45 there all in ganners at the minute though usually hear from them once a month though, although saying that one is under 18 and i think hes a camp orphan i'll try get in touch with him . They all love it up there though but i couldn't see you enjoying leconfield to much oh well it's only for your drive's course im guessing , its 5 miles down the road from me and it's a gash place to be apparently . All the best anyway pal well done again .
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
maritime_marine

Post by maritime_marine »

Yer ive heard its a pretty crap place to be at, but its only for 8 weeks or so. If you could get in touch with him though that would be great.
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.