Share This Page:

JOINING/TRAINING ARTICLES

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
druadan

JOINING/TRAINING ARTICLES

Post by druadan »

Evening all,

I'd like to try and put together a decent collection of up-to-date articles on joining and training for RM, in the Articles section at the bottom of the forum (had you noticed it yet?!). There are already several useful articles there which I'm going to slowly go through, edit out the crap and leave the good stuff, although I suspect at least some of it is well out of date.

To that end, if anyone who is in the joining process at the moment, or going through RT, would like to submit an article for this section, please PM me. I'll also be keeping an eye on this section for any noteworthy threads/posts to add to it. If you haven't got time or the inclination to write a proper article, if you pass me the relevant info I'll get round to typing it up myself.

The idea is to make it a kind of reference section with answers to common queries, so all the obvious ones such as what happens at the initial interview, what Corps history do I need to know, what's the PJFT, etc will all have their own thread, but also less obvious but frequently asked ones eg. laser eye surgery, what's acceptable. Please note that as it's designed for reference, FACTS only please, not speculation - ie. you've been told by your AFCO directly or experienced yourself, not what you heard from a mate of a mate who might've got to week 3 two years ago :roll:

It's been five years since I went through the process, and I know a lot's changed; it's your forum, and I'd like the input to come from members who are applying now. Credit will be given to the member supplying the information, but please don't be offended if I edit your contribution for clarity etc.
Last edited by druadan on Tue 23 Dec, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artist

Post by Artist »

He is pucker and serving, listen to his words people.

I am a fomer Royal Marine who has been out for 20 years come March next year. This Guy is the one to ask in other words, hence why he is now a Mod.

Artist
druadan

Post by druadan »

Right then gents (and ladies),

I'm particularly after someone in the process to write up/provide info on the following:

Formal interview, including what to learn (you'll notice there's already a Corps History article, so you don't need to type that out; but other things that may come up, for example I learned the various units and roles, the three RM ships when I had mine etc).

PJFT (nice short one there, just need up to date info).

PRMC Diary - the latest one seems to be Daveb's from 2004; anyone who's done one recently fancy typing up a dit?

As above, I'll add other FAQs as and when they come up...
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

We can then also put these into a main article on the site portal where all will be given credit. ;)
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Dont forget kids.... Points mean prizes! :lol:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!