Share This Page:

POC 13th October

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Flash Jordan

POC 13th October

Post by Flash Jordan »

Hello guys, im new to MFAT and just want to start by wishing all those currently in the process of becoming a Royal Marine, or in fact joining any of the armed forces the best of luck. Right then, back on topic, Im currently in the application process of becoming a Royal Marines Officer and am awaiting (rather apprehensively) my POC on the 13th October. I was just wanting to know any tips from anyone that has just recently been on a POC within the last few months or so. I would also like to hear from anyone else attending this POC, just to get to know them a bit better before we eventually meet at CTC.
Lastly I have a few questions about the POC:
. Are the press-up, sit-up and pull-up tests done to a bleep recording or 2 mins best effort?
. How is the 3 mile run back to CTC conducted after the endurance course? Is it ran at an 8 min/mil pace and then sped up towards the end, or is it ran as 1.5 miles as a troop and then 1.5 best effort?

Thankyou in advance,

Flash (Ahah ) :P
RMR_Nod

Post by RMR_Nod »

Good choice :)

Press ups: 2 mins, best effort, no bleeps. You can rest in the 'up' position, but if/when you put your knees down, it's over.

Sit ups: 2 mins, best effort, no bleeps.

Pull ups: No time limit. You and another candidate will grasp the bar and go up and down to the commands of the PTI until you do 16, or can't do any more, you will then be told to drop off.

3 miler: You were right the first time. The 1.5 mile squadded, 1.5 mile best effort is the routine at PRMC, not at POC.

Best of luck - smash it! How's the phys going?
Flash Jordan

Post by Flash Jordan »

Thanks for clearing that up mate. The phys is going great, had my last session today prior to going down to lympstone so i've got a good 4 days rest. I had a bit of a mock RMFA today, got level 11:3 on the bleep test, straight after i got 59 press-ups (2 mins best effort), 90 sit-ups (2 mins best effort) and 10 pull-ups (3 seconds up, 3 down). So after today's session i'm pretty confident that I can at least make it past the first day. It's all down to how I do on the tuesday i think.

Flash
RMR_Nod

Post by RMR_Nod »

No problem. If you perform like that on the day you'll get about 300 out of 400 on the RMFA, which I understand is a pretty strong score. Will you let us all know how you do when you get back?
Flash Jordan

Post by Flash Jordan »

Will do buddy, well, if it's good news i will :wink:

Flash
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

I'm assuming you've read the other POC accounts here.

I did the PRMC in 06' but know from reading here the POC is an absolute hangout.

Load up on carbs mate, you'll need them. Take some Lucozade Sport down for rehydrating and some Pro-plus cos' you won't sleep down there.

Just keep in mind that your under assesment to be a cut above the guys who are cut above everyone else, this won't be easy.