Share This Page:

PRMC Appeal

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
James720

PRMC Appeal

Post by James720 »

Does anyone know weather you can appeal against a PRMC decision. As the Cpl's said even though i failed the 3miler by 4 seconds i could still pass the course if i did well in evrything else, just wondering if anyone knew.
MaxwildePRM

Post by MaxwildePRM »

if you failed the run then you failed the course simple as.....

he probably mean you can still carry on and complete the course and possibly get another PRMC date sooner.

i cant imagine making an appeal would get you anywhere, it would probably make things worse for you. plus i cant see any grounds to appeal if you failed the run.
MattP

Post by MattP »

I wouldn't even bother thinking about appealing James. If you didn't pass the 3 miler (the easiest of the PRMC tests from what I can remember) then you don't deserve to pass the course, simple as that. My advice to you is to carry on training your bollocks off and go down there and smash it next time.
''The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.''
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

I was just about to post a reply but MattP's said exactly what I was going to say so I'll second it.

You should be able to smash something so simple if you want to join the Corps - that's why the time limit is adhered to so stringently.

Keep your chin up, train harder then get back down there and show them you've got what it takes.

Good luck to you.

Greg.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
GGHT

Re: PRMC Appeal

Post by GGHT »

James720 wrote:Does anyone know weather you can appeal against a PRMC decision. As the Cpl's said even though i failed the 3miler by 4 seconds i could still pass the course if i did well in evrything else, just wondering if anyone knew.
Doing that and getting through to RT would make you unpopular from the start, not good. News travels fast in CTC so don't even enquire about it.
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

yea ill second what james said there, if you failed it then you need to go back to the basics and simply improve your running, if you struggle to pass a 3 miler how to expect to keep up in all the physical activity... If you were to appeal it, im pretty sure they wouldn't forget your name and you'd have to some pretty miraculous to not look like the idiot...word spreads fast, so reconsider it if you would like a good time...
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...