Share This Page:

FPGRM to dispell the myths

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Hankins

FPGRM to dispell the myths

Post by Hankins »

Right as i have been reading along, a lot of people are constantly saying that its a bad place and that its not where you want to go...I have just recently moved up there after being pinged after tour...obviously i was threaders, but since ive got up there i think its a lot better then people give it credit for...Going behind the wire is a bitch, but at the end of it you get good leave so i can't complain there, i get the chance to do phys all the time, and the lads up there are great...you have choices as well, you can switch out of squadron go into FSRT or SFSG plus you have time to sort out education...and prep yourself for upcoming courses...As for soldiering you do the same amount that you would at a unit and you get to go on the best trips out of any unit up at fpgrm... so before you start bad mouthing it, maybe you should try it for yourself...just a thought!
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
MattP

Post by MattP »

Alright Hankins. Are you in 6 Troop R Sqn by any chance? I'm home on sick leave at the moment (hopefully be back up Fassers in 4 weeks time) and was talking to an oppo (Murphy) yesterday who said a lad from 40 had joined the troop. I'm hanging out to get back up there mate, been off for 4 months now! I can second what you said there aswell, FPG isn't all that bad, there are some really good opportunities up there.

Take it easy, Pryce.
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

well if its murphy from b-coy and his nickname is wombat then yes, otherwise i haven't a clue lol...i thought he was staying at 40, he recently did his ROs
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Chris_Manchester

Post by Chris_Manchester »

I think i know the Murphy hes talking about as i used to be 6tp R Squadron and hes not been to 40 cdo. But on that note no FPG's not as bad as everyone says, Just got back from the States and going skiing in the alps in January, plus the CQB training up here is top notch.
FPGRM
S Squadron