Share This Page:

im back and i dont know if i should join.........

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
fro83

im back and i dont know if i should join.........

Post by fro83 »

in october 2006 i did a PRMC in which i failed the 3miler and went home, i quiet as i felt like a loser and stilll regret it to this day. I went from a fat 16 stone porker top 14stone and was pretty fit but i still found it so hard. Ive just been bodybuilding over the last few years, not ideal i know, but i have this calling to go back and give it another crack. Should i go back? im just not sure. any advice welcome.

and massive respect to all the lads on tour!

ant.

and one last thind i did prmc with jonno and rgj rifleman and tommo. not sure if they still post here.
Application- 13/03/06
Written Test - Passed
Interview - 25/04/06- Passed
Medical - June 27th - Passed
PJFT - 27 july - 10:19
PRMC - 3rd October FAIL next one in 6months
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Hey fro, well this is my advice do what you will with it but bare in mind I have not even started the application process yet ;)

ok so I think if you feel you want/need to have another crack at it the go for it! Nothing worse than wondering ’’what if….?’’

however what’s your civi life like ?
Job?(worth sticking with, promotional opportunities and such)
Girlfriend?(will she understand and support you?)
Annual income?(can you take a pay cut?)
All of that if you have it nice in civi life can you give it up for the marines?
IF however your civi life is kida so-so then I would say go for it 110%.

anyway that’s my little bit I hope you can work out what you want to do my friend.
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

I would do anything to be in your position mate , i was on the prmc after yours . I recommend you go for it you'll only regret it later on in life as long as you dont have any major commitments .
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

On a slightly different subject has anyone heard from rgj-rifleman? Did he make it through?
Jcooke

Post by Jcooke »

I can really sympathise mate. I have always wanted to join the Royal Marines, since I was about12/13. However I met my girlfriend (Now ex) at university and I took an office job for her, I am only 21. I spent about three weeks doing it after university, and told her I hated it. She gave me an ultimatum saying I couldn’t join the Marines, but it's like everyone said, if she loved me she'd want me to be happy, so I am doing it anyway. If it’s something you really want then do it. Or you will only live the rest of your life regretting it.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Jcooke wrote:I can really sympathise mate. I have always wanted to join the Royal Marines, since I was about12/13. However I met my girlfriend (Now ex) at university and I took an office job for her, I am only 21. I spent about three weeks doing it after university, and told her I hated it. She gave me an ultimatum saying I couldn’t join the Marines, but it's like everyone said, if she loved me she'd want me to be happy, so I am doing it anyway. If it’s something you really want then do it. Or you will only live the rest of your life regretting it.
Mate 21 is probably the perfect age, enough life experience to get you through the tough times, still young enough to make a real career of it, glad your going for it.
BenB09

Post by BenB09 »

I can really sympathise mate. I have always wanted to join the Royal Marines, since I was about12/13. However I met my girlfriend (Now ex) at university and I took an office job for her, I am only 21. I spent about three weeks doing it after university, and told her I hated it. She gave me an ultimatum saying I couldn’t join the Marines, but it's like everyone said, if she loved me she'd want me to be happy, so I am doing it anyway. If it’s something you really want then do it. Or you will only live the rest of your life regretting it.
Glad you're going for it too, never miss a chance for a career or lifestyle like this,just go for it : ). Hope it all goes well for you. Ben
Application- July 2008
Pyschometric- PASSED
Interview- PASSED
Medical- PASSED
PJFT- 9.33
PRMC- 28th October

Pain is weakness leaving the body!
Jcooke

Post by Jcooke »

Cheers lads. I just didn’t want to spend the rest of my life thinking 'what if', I know that sounds really cheesy but I guess clichés have to start some where. Thanks for the support!
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

You have to look at the reasons why you wouldn't want to.
jonno2006

Post by jonno2006 »

bigdog wrote:On a slightly different subject has anyone heard from rgj-rifleman? Did he make it through?
He got huntered at week 18, spent a good 6 months there and was due to get trooped just as I was leaving (Janurary time). Havn't heard from him since.

Jonno
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

jonno2006 wrote:
bigdog wrote:On a slightly different subject has anyone heard from rgj-rifleman? Did he make it through?
He got huntered at week 18, spent a good 6 months there and was due to get trooped just as I was leaving (Janurary time). Havn't heard from him since.

Jonno
I remember him. F*cking shame that. :-?
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."