Share This Page:

I've done it...ish

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Polynikes

I've done it...ish

Post by Polynikes »

Alright men?

Another quick update, I cracked my commando tests this week... Pretty gopping, but it's done now. After summer leave I'll have to do field firing 2 then Kings Squad... So although I do have my green lid, I'm not there just yet.

:D All the best lads.
Roll off...?
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Well Done!
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

Does everyone have to do their FF2 after the commando tests now?
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Nah don't think so mate . It's just because lympstone closes for all of august and they wanted to get that troop through there commando tests so there not hanging out when they get back from leave.
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Good effort mate
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
Artist

Re: I've done it...ish

Post by Artist »

Polynikes wrote:Alright men?

Another quick update, I cracked my commando tests this week... Pretty gopping, but it's done now. After summer leave I'll have to do field firing 2 then Kings Squad... So although I do have my green lid, I'm not there just yet.

:D All the best lads.
Welcome to the Family.

Artist
druadan

Post by druadan »

Good effort Royal, short of you dropping a mortar on someone you shouldn't've on FF2... :roll:

Where you off to mate?
Polynikes

Post by Polynikes »

druadan wrote:Good effort Royal, short of you dropping a mortar on someone you shouldn't've on FF2... :roll:

Where you off to mate?
I won't know untill Kings Squad week. Apparently 42 and 45 are closed to us now... so hopefully 40.
Roll off...?
druadan

Post by druadan »

Presumably as they're deploying...could be a few shit drafts floating about your troop then mate, hope you do get 40. How many of you passed?
Polynikes

Post by Polynikes »

Thanks lads.
druadan wrote:Presumably as they're deploying...could be a few shit drafts floating about your troop then mate, hope you do get 40. How many of you passed?
36 of 37... Quite good really :D And yeah, there could be a shit draft coming my way... Although I've heard FPG isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Can anyone shed any light on that?
Roll off...?
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

Iv'e got some oppos who were up there, and they definitely said, do what ever you can to stay away! Granted there are a couple of good things you can do up there but theres also a lot of shit!
We are what we do
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Yeh friend of mine got out of FPG sharpish after he was up there only a month ... hated the place , Said they do nothing all day so he got on a heavy weapons course and got a transfer down to 40 i believe.
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
Polynikes

Post by Polynikes »

Passed out.
Got FPGRM.
Heading allllllllllllllllllllllllll the way up there on monday.
Threaders. :x
Roll off...?
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Don't worry about it mate , I've got a few oppo's who were up there for about 2 months got a transfer onto a air defence course and got moved down to stonehouse , there loving it there , just put your name down for that course if you don't want to be up at fas lane for too long.