Share This Page:

application process

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
ramz56

application process

Post by ramz56 »

i have just attended the RMR london evening presentation and now have the forms to start the application process as the selection weekend in on the 26th of september they wanted to rush through our applications ready for then and so gave us the forms there and then without us having to attend holding troop. what i need to know is how long does it take from the point of submitting my application till i get a date to attend my psycometric tests, medical, fitness test ect from my afco? and how long does the whole application process take????
ramz
"per mere per terram" "esprit de corps"
Aptitude tests-PASSED
Medical-PASSED
Interview-PASSED
PJFT-PASSED (7.26)
Tidalshock

Post by Tidalshock »

Can't tell you everything, but from my experience it can take about a month from sending your application to doing the tests, and now I'm about to take my eye test results up to the AFCO. They had given me the forms for the Optician to fill out on the same day as the tests.

I'll advise you that if you work slowly or aren't very good at maths, do as much as you can to get your brain to calculate quickly. I'm glad I did all the online and offline "brain training" because I would have probably got under average on everything. :lol:
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

One of you lads has obviously done or is about to do the selection for the RMR, I have a friend who wants to join, so would someone please tell me whats involved in the selection process phys wise, so I can get him prepared adequately.
We are what we do
Nav

Post by Nav »

Alright mate, generally the marines are looking for good cardio fitness i.e. running. once you hand in the application you have to complete a series of test, some academic the others physical. the phys tests are your PJFT (pre joining fitness test) this is a 1.5 mile run on a treadmill to be completed in 10mins, ideally you should aim for 9 mins (the average time is about 8.50).
the other phys test is your PRMC (potential royal marines course) this is three days of HARD graft mate but with prior preparation a pass is achievable. some of the things required of you on the test are:

the 3miler, youl have 22.30 minutes to complete this. its run as a squad for 1.5miles to a set point...takes about 12.30 then you have to leg it back doing your personal best!(if you dont do this pal, theyl fail you)

Gym tests 1 & 2
Im not to sure what is required at this point but plenty of lads on here will do...i know that you have to achieve

60 press ups in 2 mins
80 sit ups in 2 mins
6 pull ups

Bleep test
Reach level 11

Bottom field
Most lads believe this to be the hardest to prepare for as the generally thrash the hell out of you, i think this is for about 45mins but don't quote me in that.

i just read you comment properly mate and for the RMR i don't have a clue :o none the less i hope this helps lol
Nav
druadan

Post by druadan »

:roll: :lol:

Granted you're not to know mate, but Tom is a Bootneck already. Just tickled me :wink:

Think he was more after any differences for RMR over regs. No offence mate, just made I larf a little :D
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

Thanks for the info, is the selection run quite similar to the PRMC?
We are what we do