Share This Page:

Acne ??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
steady09

Post by steady09 »

Mike1980 wrote:Hi everyone. I used to be in the RAF but am looking to enlist in the Army. However I have mild acne on my back and shoulders, which I am on prescription for.
Has anyone ever been turned down for this?
Any help would be great as this is adult acne and I feel as thought I might be turned down permanently.
well if you read most of the 1st page then a guy had been deemed temporary medically unfit until his acne had cleared but this was a while back..

i've just had my medical and i have alot of small dimple spots on my shoulders, back and chest, none on my face of neck, i've been told this is because of testosterone with me being young and going to the gym, anyway this didn't effect my medical.. she didn't even mention them, so i would say you most definately gonna have no problems with it.
Mike1980

Post by Mike1980 »

Thanks steady. However I did read the other two pages, and there are some differences.
1. I am diagnosed with mild acne
2. I am 28 so not really that young
3. I am already on antibiotics which has mostly cleared it up.

What my question was, is there anyone who has had this criteria or know anyone who has? Do they wait until the treatment has ended? Or do they permanently refuse?
Regards
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

i have a bit of the old acne on my back and shoulders, on selection my medical officer said it could be a potential problem when doing tabbing with weight, ive had experience of it flaring up after prologed periods with a bergan on but its nothing a soldier shouldnt be able to cope with, he also pointed out that the sun helps to heal them so going to afghan might just help get rid of them he told me! i think you will be fine mike1980.
Mike1980

Post by Mike1980 »

Cheers Paraprep, thanks for the info. Was you already in when it was diagnosed, or was that at selection?
Sorry just realised you said selection. :oops:
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Mike1980 wrote:Hi everyone. I used to be in the RAF but am looking to enlist in the Army. However I have mild acne on my back and shoulders, which I am on prescription for.
Has anyone ever been turned down for this?
Any help would be great as this is adult acne and I feel as thought I might be turned down permanently.
Yes you will be defered for the Army mate you will need to be three months clear of it and thats after a two month course of anti biotics
sorry to burst your bubble
Rich95

Re: Acne ??

Post by Rich95 »

I've been on roaccutane for about 4 months now, being pulled off a month early at the 5 month stage because I've "responded extremely well to the treatment". It was never the red/inflamed sort of acne but more just an uncontrollable amount of little zits on my upper body, with the odd breakout on my forehead and temples (face generally has always been quite clear).

Suffered none of the supposed nasty side effects. Lips sometimes crack to the point I wake up with blood all over my face but never had any other dryness, and none of the depression nonsense they claim exists. The doc actually said "the reported depression and suicides probably weren't due to the medication but instead were people with mental health issues already, who happened to be on this treatment, so when the courts needed a scapegoat they blamed the tablets."

Been drinking almost every weekend, been doing 3 HIIT sessions a week on it, weights and bodyweight circuits, all without any back pain or muscle pain (other than the normal DOMS).

Only worry now is I have quite a lot of post-acne red marks on my chest and back, these are little brown-red marks under the surface of the skin where spots used to be and take about 12-18 months to fade. Hopefully the doc will see sense and be able to see the actual acne has gone but if I do get TMUd I'll probably look at The Rifles for a few years before going for RM because they are more lenient about it and at least have the opportunity to go AACC.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Another three year old post revived
LaraKeathley

Post by LaraKeathley »

Well, it’s really something strange just an acne problem doest allows you to pass a medical test. Acne doesn't shows that you aren’t fit for being in military. :2gunfire:
Use Sauerstoff Creme for best results for Acne problem.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Conditions in certain parts of the world could cause any skin problems to flair up and make you susceptible to far worse problems, this is why they say no
snydercharles425

Post by snydercharles425 »

What have you tried using?
Tab

Post by Tab »

It does not matter what he has tried using as it would be on his medical records along with his doctors comments