Share This Page:

Whos had physio or knows about it??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
In_Training

Whos had physio or knows about it??

Post by In_Training »

Hi, really quick question for you guys in the know.

About 2-3 years ago I did something to my ankle whilst running, hurt like hell and swelled up a treat, i carried on running on it, not just when i did it but multiple times afterwards as well (very stupid i know). Anyway it got to the point where I couldn't walk, only hobble. Its a few years later now and i can walk alright but want to get back into running. I was wondering if physio would work for me after all this time, it still hurts to walk but i can get by, however running would be a none starter. This is a slightly abbbreviated version of the story so as to not waste your time.

Anybody out there who knows anything about physio and whether it could help please let me know. The reason btw that I didnt do it before is partly that I am ignorant and stupid but mainly I couldnt afford the expensive sessions of £50+. I now can and really want to get it sorted.

If you need to know anything else then let me know.

Kind Regards.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

To be honest, there could be some damage that may require an operation to correct it or at least make it more comfortable for you.
There is no way I could say for sure though as I'm not a medical professional or a Physio.
My reply is just from an experienced point of view from having injuries etc.

Physio never hurts though so take it from there. Give it a try and be as proactive as you can.

All the best.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
In_Training

Post by In_Training »

Hi there mate, I can identify which part hurts, just thought it would be too hard to try and explain through writing. Thanks a lot for the advice, im going to try and get an appointment sorted with a sports fizz in the next few weeks.

Does anybody know if an operation on the ankle would affect entry to the marines?? (Those of you who were posting regular a while back when I was will know I decided to leave it a few years before pursuing an entry but its still something I think about and would like to know.)

Thanks a lot.
Ty

Post by Ty »

As long as it does not interfere with your running, it should be OK. You will have to complete a full medical, and attention will be brought to your ankle. Your medical would more then likely be more examined at that point.

From your injuries though, I can almost guarantee you have some scar tissue build up. I got some in my shoulder when I dislocated it weightlifting ( lost a lot of range of motion, but screw surgery ! ). Best of luck to you mate !.
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing