Share This Page:

Rest before POC?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

lil_dinger_bell wrote:Rest the day before, that's it.
(Although a week off or a week continued will make no difference.)

Just finished my POC and it was the hardest test of my life....bone breaking difficulty.....pun intended.
Couldn't agree more.

I had 1 week off which I think was too long. You need to keep your mind in training mode to prevent the shock when you being the "warm up".

Endurance course is.... well - you'll see :wink:
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Get at least 3 days rest, but no more than 6 days. Your body starts to lose muscle after about 9 days of inactivity, so 6 days should be the safe upper limit of rest. 3 Days minimum (assuming your last training session is a hard one) is necessary for your body to replenish itself. Just keep your diet the same - there is no point packing carbs in if you arne't used to that because it will have a negative affect on your metabolism. Just eat the same, hopefully good, food that you have been eating before - lots of carbs, protein and good fats, and maybe some vitamen and fish oil supplements if you haven't been taking them already. But keep active during those rest days - go for walks, do the house chores, etc. Don't sit on your arse because you'll be stiff by the time of your POC.
Guns

Post by Guns »

That's great news, they're bound to look favourably on you cracking on with an injury - it's almost compulsory in the Batch. From talking to you I'm sure you've got what it takes to get in. We've just got back from Ex CRASH ACTION, which was excellent. It was a real mixed bag with some quite cheeky bits (the yomping phase in the Brecon Beacons springs immediately to mind). We started test week today with the endurance course. 1 down, three to go!
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Guns wrote:We started test week today with the endurance course. 1 down, three to go!
All the best mate, you guys are an inspiration.
- If you overtrained, it means that you didn't train hard enough to handle that level of training

- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did