Share This Page:

dragon skin body armor

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Hollos

Post by Hollos »

first thing U will not be insured if u wore dragon skin on ops second its not as good as osprey, the plates on osprey or EBA will stop a 7.62 short from a AK my plt Sargent was shot in Iraq it hit his plate all he did was fall over and get straight back up (he kept the plate got it mounted at home) if u don't believe me read Michael Yong the yank reporter who was with 2/4 rifles in the palace in Basra he wore dragoon skin now he trying to sell it on eBay saying that's next to urine poor
ghost3h

Post by ghost3h »

digging up a old thread here, but i know a lot about this subject

Dragon skin is better then british body armor, it is better then the US bodyarmor. Its been proven in a lot of tests. When the US army teted it it was purposly failed. Even the level 5 body armor that is top secret was made to fail.

This is mainly because the US is developing a liquid bodyarmor and doesnt want to spend a shit load on buying dragon skin to then buy them.

This liquid bodyarmor is going to b light weight and like a gel, it is free moving and soft to touch, but when something with high velocity hits the armor the particles bind together and stop the bullet.

Ghost
Ty

Post by Ty »

Sounds like something from a video game mate lol. I'd believe it when I see it :).
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing
Patrick

body armour

Post by Patrick »

Ty wrote:Sounds like something from a video game mate lol. I'd believe it when I see it :).
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/ ... 4961.shtml

It's been in the news for a while now. :wink:
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

To add to this I've also read about a future liquid body armour that the US are trying to develop which goes rigid when an electric current is applied.As well as nano technology etc giving a soldier huge amounts of strength:The creation of a 'super soldier' so-to-speak.Its all science fiction right now,but still interesting to learn about.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

The USMC has banned their lads from having it. They have to use what they're issued. If anyone is interested, I read that on an article a while back (2007 I think) on Military.com
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Patrick

nanotechnologies

Post by Patrick »

degrees of passion wrote:To add to this I've also read about a future liquid body armour that the US are trying to develop which goes rigid when an electric current is applied.As well as nano technology etc giving a soldier huge amounts of strength:The creation of a 'super soldier' so-to-speak.Its all science fiction right now,but still interesting to learn about.
I've seen some of the nanotechnology being pioneered in Israel. It looks like pretty neat stuff. They had these trousers which looked exactly like the real thing, and they poured water on them. The nano particles are so fine, water is far too dense to penetrate them so it formed droplets and rolled right off them. It's only the first prototype but it looks like it'll soon be in everything before you know it.
AJtothemax

Re: nanotechnologies

Post by AJtothemax »

Patrick wrote:
degrees of passion wrote:To add to this I've also read about a future liquid body armour that the US are trying to develop which goes rigid when an electric current is applied.As well as nano technology etc giving a soldier huge amounts of strength:The creation of a 'super soldier' so-to-speak.Its all science fiction right now,but still interesting to learn about.
I've seen some of the nanotechnology being pioneered in Israel. It looks like pretty neat stuff. They had these trousers which looked exactly like the real thing, and they poured water on them. The nano particles are so fine, water is far too dense to penetrate them so it formed droplets and rolled right off them. It's only the first prototype but it looks like it'll soon be in everything before you know it.
Won't be long then before some people come up with a way to penetrate that stuff as well. It's a never ending cycle.
Even more deadly stuff heads to the battlefield!
AJ

Ty

Re: body armour

Post by Ty »

Patrick wrote:
Ty wrote:Sounds like something from a video game mate lol. I'd believe it when I see it :).

haha, WELL then :-). I agree with AJ though. Better armor means they look for more penetration power in weapons. Hand held nukes :)
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Ty wrote:haha, WELL then :-). I agree with AJ though. Better armor means they look for more penetration power in weapons. Hand held nukes :)
I wouldn't know, I'm above that sort of thing.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Ty wrote:
Patrick wrote:

haha, WELL then :-). I agree with AJ though. Better armor means they look for more penetration power in weapons. Hand held nukes :)
Seen Starship Troopers have you? :P
AJ