Share This Page:

Last Minute Tips

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lil_dinger_bell

Last Minute Tips

Post by lil_dinger_bell »

So gents, I leave in 11 days to fly over to the other side of the pond for my POC and AIB and want to thank you guys for your help with everything.

Before I leave ...and after I shat my pants....too late...I just wanted to know if anyone had any parting words of wisdom??!!

Your tips and talks of pepppy proportion would help keep me from sh*tting bricks

.....well...keep on keeping men

Lil Ding
Last edited by lil_dinger_bell on Fri 18 Apr, 2008 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
RT Test - May 1st - ?
Medical Examination - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
Artist

Post by Artist »

Just do as your told when your told to do it otherwise don't bother.

Artist
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Makes me laugh when people say they are nervous about going on Prmc or Poc ... The things i would do to be back down at lympstone. Just Crack on and dont give in you'll be fine .
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Don't give up, for POC keep up with current affairs massively. Without trying to put you off expect a hard time especially on the 2nd day of phys. Just hang in there and don't give up!!Oh and my number one tip, if you find peters pool too cold just piss yourself for warmth :lol:
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Good luck Dinger, I don't think you need any words of wisdom, I think you know exactly what you've got to do.

While your doing the endurance course though, I'll think of you mate, because I'll be at my G/f's villa in Spain getting some rays (maybe some sucky sucky) and sipping on a Pinacolada lol.
- If you overtrained, it means that you didn't train hard enough to handle that level of training

- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did
lil_dinger_bell

Post by lil_dinger_bell »

Thanks gents, just the words of encouragment I was looking for....with a little more than I needed. (thanks Luke :o ) I will definitly be thinknig about your sucky sucky enjoyment while my lungs and legs give in from the endurance course.

Agian cheers mfat friends
RT Test - May 1st - ?
Medical Examination - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?