Share This Page:

Diet Ok OR Crap??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lil_dinger_bell

Post by lil_dinger_bell »

Ya Sandy I thought it was still in debate and your comment was made with uncertainty...upon further review your remarks were made with a factual tone. :wink:

But seeing how i'm always right we will share the glory of this correct information...deal? :roll:
RT Test - May 1st - ?
Medical Examination - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

lil_dinger_bell wrote:Ya Sandy I thought it was still in debate and your comment was made with uncertianty
Top tip for you in the future, when Sandy the Guvnor replies with an answer the debate is over, what he says is law :wink:
lil_dinger_bell

Post by lil_dinger_bell »

I'll keep that in mind and retain my scepticism..... for now Alfa
RT Test - May 1st - ?
Medical Examination - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Dinger, Sandy over there, despite his rosey red cheeks and his soft bum is a Para instructor along with being an MMA fighter.

To put it in perspective, when God created the earth, he asked Sandy where to put the UK :roll:
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

I've heard Sandy doesn't read books.He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
robbiedont

Post by robbiedont »

degrees of passion wrote:I've heard Sandy doesn't read books.He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
Hahaha! I will remember that one for later!
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

commandocrazy wrote:For all of you that said hardly no carbs are you trying to lose weight. yes i am trying to lose weight and its doing my head in because its hard but all it takes is will power :evil:
Will power, who's he then? 8)
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

commandocrazy wrote:For all of you that said hardly no carbs are you trying to lose weight. yes i am trying to lose weight and its doing my head in because its hard but all it takes is will power :evil:
I thought that if you burn more calories than you eat you lose weight?? Working on that principle you shouldnt you be able to eat as much as you want just as long as you burn it off, right?
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Dave_1987 wrote:
I thought that if you burn more calories than you eat you lose weight?? Working on that principle you shouldnt you be able to eat as much as you want just as long as you burn it off, right?
Correct. There's alot about fat loss on Mfat.
Train hard and it will soon come off.
I'd make a big post about it all but it's all here on MFAT anyway.
AJ

Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Artist wrote:I'm sorry but when I was preparing to join the Corps I just ate what was put in front of me by my Mum. I hacked Cdo training without an real problems and still see me mum 34 years after I joined up who still feeds me if I am hungry.

What is it with all you blokes going on about special diets then? Eat the proper stuff three times a day and you will be fine and dandy for Gods sake. your joining the Royal Marines not some secret society of the super fit! :o

Artist
Diet is the most important part of any fitness routine. A good body is built in the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!!. Just as knowledge of exercise improves over the years, so does the knowledge of nutrition, so if you can adapt your nutritional intake for optimal results, then you should, no matter what people did 34 years ago.

*digs hole in ground and takes cover*
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Dangermouse wrote:
Artist wrote:I'm sorry but when I was preparing to join the Corps I just ate what was put in front of me by my Mum. I hacked Cdo training without an real problems and still see me mum 34 years after I joined up who still feeds me if I am hungry.

What is it with all you blokes going on about special diets then? Eat the proper stuff three times a day and you will be fine and dandy for Gods sake. your joining the Royal Marines not some secret society of the super fit! :o

Artist
Diet is the most important part of any fitness routine. A good body is built in the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!!. Just as knowledge of exercise improves over the years, so does the knowledge of nutrition, so if you can adapt your nutritional intake for optimal results, then you should, no matter what people did 34 years ago.

I don't care what my mum cooks, you'd be a fool to turn it down. I'm 100% sure on this as I've just had two helpings of her chocolate bread and butter pudding. I don't care if it's full of fat and made with white bread, it tasted bloody delicious. 8)

David
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

AJtothemax wrote:
Dave_1987 wrote:

If you burn more calories then you eat, isn't the physical response of the body to break down protein in the muscles before it starts to break down fat? I'm not sure about this, but read somewhere a couple of years back when I was reading about running on an empty stomach. As I said i'm not sure, but logically speaking when the body is deprived of needed calories shouldn't it preserve the fat as a survival instinct, instead favouring the break down of muscle for energy?
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Dangermouse wrote:
AJtothemax wrote:
Dave_1987 wrote: I thought that if you burn more calories than you eat you lose weight?? Working on that principle you shouldnt you be able to eat as much as you want just as long as you burn it off, right?

If you burn more calories then you eat, isn't the physical response of the body to break down protein in the muscles before it starts to break down fat? I'm not sure about this, but read somewhere a couple of years back when I was reading about running on an empty stomach. As I said i'm not sure, but logically speaking when the body is deprived of needed calories shouldn't it preserve the fat as a survival instinct, instead favouring the break down of muscle for energy?
Yeah you're right. It's a survival thing. BUT, that is with respect to you having nowt in your stomach to metabolise to begin with.
If you want to shift fat, then having sod all in your gut will do you no favours.
AJ

StrongerFaster

Post by StrongerFaster »

I'd say eat more, it's ok to eat lots as long as it's good stuff and you do exercise. If you dont eat your muscles cant grow.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

davidemmerson wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:

Artist

I don't care what my mum cooks, you'd be a fool to turn it down. I'm 100% sure on this as I've just had two helpings of her chocolate bread and butter pudding. I don't care if it's full of fat and made with white bread, it tasted bloody delicious. 8)

David
Me mum doesn't cook her self, me dad does most of the cooking in our house.

But my god my Ex-girlfriend, now close mates mum's cooking is out of this world, used go round most weekends for a meal of some sort :D the food was out of this world. Still pull my Ex's leg about it being the only reason I went out with her :P

Stokey