Share This Page:

POC February 4th?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
kevin916

POC February 4th?

Post by kevin916 »

Anybody on this course?
Brows

Post by Brows »

Kevin

LOL, have fun mate. (I did actually laugh out loud there purely from memories of those fun fun days)

Make sure you've read both my and deadheads' diary. Soak it up, even though I do say so myself there is great advice on both.

DO NOT GIVE UP! You're there because you want to be.

You will be cold, you will be wet, you will be tired, you will be in pain, you will wonder why the hell you are there but above all you'll be having the time of your life. :D

Enjoy it.

Do me a favour and after you've been on it, regardless of the result let us know how you all got on and whether there is still a legend of a Colour Sergeant there. (Colours Beret) I may not have passed had I not been running next to him on the 3 miles back, something I’m sure he did deliberately (I was f@#k and he knew it).

Best of luck
Remember 50% fail
DON'T GIVE UP

Brows

P.S. Could you possibly post your RMFA scores
RM Commission progress

POC: 04/06/07 -Passed
AIB: 02/07/07 -Fail, needed more life experience

Intend to re-apply after I have gone to university

Read my diaries in the RM archives section THEN PM me if you have a question
kevin916

Post by kevin916 »

Yeah I'll post my scores no problem.

Cheers Greenwell mate. The other guy from my troop has not got a POC date yet, I think he is still going thriough the earlier stages of the application at the moment.
kevin916

Post by kevin916 »

I thought you meant the ginger lad from my troop sorry. Yeah the guy you're talking about is supposed to be Feb 4th as well but he said he was going to try to change it to a later date.
C-Man

Post by C-Man »

Hi Kevin

I'm on the POC 4th Feb as well, starting to look damn close!

Hows your preparation going, is there any useful info your RMR guys have given to you?

What day are you going? I'll be going up on the sunday to get settled in etc before the shit hits the fan, so will be good to see you there!
karlbfc

Post by karlbfc »

Good look mate :D
Wkdgav

Post by Wkdgav »

Hi C-man,
I'll be there, im going down on the sunday aswell to get settled in, its a long journey down from Yorkshire! Hows the training going? Nervouse yet?
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Good luck guys, no matter how badly you want to give up or how badly you think you are doing, don't stop/walk! You might have a good time or you might have the worst time of your life (as I did) but it's not over until the final interview.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
WannabBootneck

Post by WannabBootneck »

whether there is still a legend of a Colour Sergeant there. (Colours Beret)
Just to let you know... it was Colour Sergeant Berry, and my Careers Officer told me hes gone now (think promoted- he bloody deserved it!).

I have my POC (again) on the 10th March, but will re-post about that.

Good luck Kevin.
kevin916

Post by kevin916 »

Good luck Kevin
Cheers wannabe.

One of the lads from my troop in the reserves is on the same POC as you I think, he's done it before as well.
Wkdgav

Post by Wkdgav »

Cheers guys for the support! I just can't wait to get it over and done with now!
Broadhead441

POC 4th feb

Post by Broadhead441 »

Hey guys,
I will be headin down on the Sunday, hope to see you guys there, or maybe even on the train beforehand :D