Share This Page:

PRMC Passed

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Dave171

PRMC Passed

Post by Dave171 »

Just passed my PRMC last week. If anyone has got one coming up and wants any tips and advise il be happy to try and help!

:-) :D
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Hit me with any tips you can mate hahaha
designervision

Post by designervision »

Well done! I suppose the hardest thing was the bottom field?

How many went and how many passed?

Sam.
--"Pain is temporary, the Green Beret is forever"--
Mr_Kiwi

Post by Mr_Kiwi »

I should be getting word on my PRMC date this week, so please any info would be great. That is anything that hasnt been said every other time haha. Something about what its like down there at the moment and so on.

Cheers mate, and well done!!
'Peace is to important to be left to politicians'
DWW

Post by DWW »

Well done buddy, do you have an RT date yet?
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Did the bloke with the upside down head on pass? (that mega old weird looking hobbit type bloke).If so then good effort but i suggest he sorts his hair style out and shaves his back! :lol:
Brows

Post by Brows »

Congratulations and good effort on passing.

I offer you a cyber pint and all the best with RT.

Brows
RM Commission progress

POC: 04/06/07 -Passed
AIB: 02/07/07 -Fail, needed more life experience

Intend to re-apply after I have gone to university

Read my diaries in the RM archives section THEN PM me if you have a question
Dave171

Post by Dave171 »

Thanks guys for all the congrats. Yeah, frodo did pass. The barbers gonna have trouble shaving that guy. Where do you stop???
Dave171

Post by Dave171 »

Yea bottom field is pretty hard like everyone says. Just do a lot of stamina training so your heart rate recovers quickly. That's what got me through. After they make you run around an obstacle and back your heart's pounding, but my heart rate recovered pretty quick while we were doing press ups and stuff.
So then I was ready to do another sprint. Otherwise I would have been knackered. Just hold on in there. Its only about 45 minutes of work. It's right what people say about don’t do weights and stuff at the gym. Just do press ups, sit ups and pull ups at home. Simple as. And make sure you do them the proper way. I was lucky and didn’t get any deducted off my score but one poor sod scored 0 because he wasn’t doing them right.

I struggled slightly on the 3mile run mainly because I'm not that great at sprinting long distances so definitely practice this. I passed it but had to dig really deep towards the end. No one is gonna find it easy but you can help yourself a bit by doing the right types of training. Oh, and try and run in the middle of the ranks when you run out as a group. There are a lot of potholes and stuff to fall down on the edges. I twisted my ankle but nothing serious so could still run but one guy dropped out 'cos of this.

Make sure you do everything your told. You don’t wanna be getting an unnecessary beasting. Believe me! Overall just keep positive and think of the prize at the end. I'll tell you it's the best feeling ever knowing I'm finally in training. My life has changed around in matter of days. We had pretty large group of bout 58 and about 50 of us passed. Dunno what the average pass rate it though but ours was high.

Well looks like I start RT on 28th Jan. Let me know if you've got the same anyone.

Dave
Stacka83

Well Done

Post by Stacka83 »

Well done chap, super effort.

I know you briefly explained the bottom field, but can you explain the process in a bit more detail.

Also for any other lads still to do PRMC like me, I've been told that circuit training a few nights a week is a perfect set up ready for PRMC. I do 3 nights a week at the moment, and love it.

Stacka
Application sent : On route
Psychometric Test : 13/12/2007 - Passed
Eye Test : 13/12/2007 - Passed
Interview: 09/01/2008 - Passed
Medical: 10/01/2008 - Passed
RMAD - 22/01/2008
PJFT: 19/01/2008 - Passed - 9.32
PRMC: 31/03/2008
RT : Failed
Jimbob1664

Post by Jimbob1664 »

Well done for passing PRMC.

Why don't you post your RT date on the RT dates thread? No one seems to be posting on it since it has moved.
eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

I know you briefly explained the bottom field, but can you explain the process in a bit more detail.
Well mate its like Dave said really just hold out until the end but a few tips I can give are;
When you start doing the piggybacks your near the end, make sure you do what they so 10 press ups not 9 they DO count you, aim to be first on the sprints, and the last one, smile while your doing it even if your dying inside smile, it will show that cheerfulness.

But Bottomfield is basically, you practice on the ropes, do as they say or you'll be there all day!!! Then you go round the assault course learning how to do it properly, then you do your timed run (easy to do in 5 minutes mate) then you sip your water and start the determination tests it lasts about 25 minutes and your just sprinting round the obstcles come back do press ups, sit ups whatever then sprint some more :D
lukeyluke

Post by lukeyluke »

Just dig in there fellas!

You can rest assured if you have put some good time and effort in to training and have pushed yourself even when hanging out that you should get through this course!

I don't know if it helps but personally I found the Bottom Field and Gym Test 2 the better parts of the course, not easy mind but definitely better and more enjoyable. I personally struggled with the assault course and other criteria parts like the bleep test more. The best thing that Bottom Field and Gym Test 2 have going for them is that they are not targeted scores (like 60 press ups for example) just hang in there and give it all you have and you will get through, it really is only a short period of pain!

Hope this helps,

Luke
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." - Julius Caesar

Recruit Training: 11th February, 2008