Share This Page:

PRMC December 11th!!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Dave171

PRMC December 11th!!

Post by Dave171 »

Hi all.
Just now signed up to the site. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dave from sunny Lowestoft. Got my PRMC in 3 weeks on the 11th December. Anyone else here got the same? And how's everyone feeling if you've got PRMC coming up? I'm not feelin too bad now I'm over my injuries.

Be great to hear other peoples experiences of PRMC if you've just done it.

Dave
ofens

Post by ofens »

Welcome to MFAT Dave171.
Good luck with you PRMC. There are loads of threads on here about PRMC and people's experiences, try a search on "PRMC diary" for example.
Be great to hear other peoples experiences of PRMC if youve jus done it.
I recently passed my PRMC, have a quick look here: http://mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
...but there are some better, more detailed accounts elsewhere on here :wink:

What injuries did you have?

ofens 8)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Dave171

Post by Dave171 »

The PRMC diary really helps. Thanks. Was just wondering when you do sit ups, Do they test you with someone holding your feet or not? For some reason i can do loads more when my feet are supported under something.

Dave171
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

When I was on my PRMC, you had someone opposite you, they counted your pressups and your sit ups, and they did hold your feet.

PS: Saw the new green bible yesterday (new because I haven't seen one in nearly 2 years) and it doesn't have much reference to PRMC diary. Is this because they itinerary has changed or do they just like suprising potential recruits?

Good luck with your PRMC Dave!
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Dave171

Post by Dave171 »

Ive been getting really frustrated with my sit ups. When i do them with my feet under something it really stains the bottom of my back. Is it cos im doing it wrong?

Dave
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

Dave171 wrote:Ive been getting really frustrated with my sit ups. When i do them with my feet under something it really stains the bottom of my back. Is it cos im doing it wrong?

Dave
I do hope you mean that it 'strains' your back.

If so, then no, it's quite common and that is why it's best to do your sit-ups without anchoring your feet.

Do you do any reverse sit ups? Maybe you should do a few sets of them too.

Best of luck.
Regards
T_T
Dave171

Post by Dave171 »

Sorry yeah I meant strain! Yes I'll try some reverse sit ups and see how it goes. How long did it take you to get to a good standard of situps?
I can do almost the max of everything anyway but just worried about sit ups.
803troop

Post by 803troop »

I have just sent you a PM. Don't know if it went through though as it isn't showing up as sent. I am a fellow Lowestoftian. If you need anything, email me on 803troop@gmail.com

Baz