Share This Page:

Hi - New to MFAT

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
hemmingwayIII

Hi - New to MFAT

Post by hemmingwayIII »

Hi
New To MFAT
Joining the RM.

Im currently doing A levels at the moment, and I have been advised by several people, mainly friends and family in the forces (mainly RN but some RM, RAF and Army), that I should do a gap year of work before joining the RM. To help make my CV look better, Get my fitness levels up and also get some experience of working life under my belt.

Does anyone agree with this and think this is a good idea?

Also does anyone have any suggestions as to what sort of work I should be doing in this year between completing A levels and joining the RM?

Any posts appreciated,

Thanks

Paul
marine101

Post by marine101 »

I've just left RT got to week 7 and decided at the moments it's not for me. the training is great and obviously difficult but really enjoyable (unless out in the field doing century) lol. I'm going to go back in a few years, first get some experience of the outside world since I came straight from school. The trained ranks back at CTC said the same to me also. So my answer is YES get a taste of the real world before joining so your not curious when you join up, (just like I was so I left)

Good luck
hemmingwayIII

Post by hemmingwayIII »

Oh Right Cool, Cheers for the advice Marine101

Do you know what sort of stuff you will be doing for a few years? like, working or anything?

Good Luck for Re-entry :D
Life Is Short, So, Sleep When You're Dead