Share This Page:

A pint of Guinness please! *Updated* PRMC Date!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
mattmcd01

Post by mattmcd01 »

Firstly, well done mate on smashing your PJFT, I can understand about the treadmill they just seem to sap your energy and enthusiasm.
I have a question about the financial security check, (cue ticking off for not using search function!) does anybody know what level of financial commitment would be a bar to entry into the RM?
Riggsy

Post by Riggsy »

mattmcd01 wrote:Firstly, well done mate on smashing your PJFT, I can understand about the treadmill they just seem to sap your energy and enthusiasm.
Second that ^^

Well done fella :D
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

mattmcd01 wrote:Firstly, well done mate on smashing your PJFT, I can understand about the treadmill they just seem to sap your energy and enthusiasm.
I have a question about the financial security check, (cue ticking off for not using search function!) does anybody know what level of financial commitment would be a bar to entry into the RM?
On the normal security form as long as nothing is highlighted on that then you won't get a finance check from the DVA I could have possibly tried to get away with not telling anyone but I wasn't risking my career on lack of integrity before I'm even back in!

Thanks for the comments too lads :wink:
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

***UPDATE***

Well got my PRMC date!

8th of January, can't bloody wait! About 40 days away?

Think it might be a good idea to do a training diary up until then for people to use as a resource. There's umpteen amount of PRMC diaries and this is military FITNESS and training after all.

Don't want to come across as 'my training is better than yours' just hoping it could be useful, maybe throw a few ideas out there

Anyway, funnily enough I'm off to the gym as I'm a tad excited now :D
ofens

Post by ofens »

Darren82 - good luck mate and go for it, I always find it interesting to read training diaries on here.
You never know how your ideas can help someone else, and at the very worst someone might suggest a way to improve the training you're doing. (Or slag it off! :( )
ofens 8)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Exactly mate

Good luck with training too, not long now! Luckily just after the Hatton fight :D
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Good effort mate. I did myPJFT a few days after you I think got my PRMC date through also I'm down there on the 17th december :lol:
ofens

Post by ofens »

jay999 you start RT on 17th Dec?
That's interesting, my lot start on 10th Dec, and I know another lot are going on 3rd Dec...
...suggesting three lots getting just one week in Foundation before Christmas... does anyone know if this is normal or are they trying to push more through than usual in a shorter time?
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

I think jay999 is doing his PRMC on the 17th mate but I might be mistaken

Jammy sod, his AFCO must have pulled their fingers out :lol:
ofens

Post by ofens »

Ah, on reading through again that would seem to be what he's saying... thanks!
Good luck jay999.
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Yea sorry fella prmc on the 17th is what I meant. Yea my afco is really good. Got a Bootneck Cpl there who really knows his stuff and fortunately are whizzing me through it. I got my date with 3 weeks notice though major shock to the system was that :o. What sorta stuff you been doing Darren? I know you were in RT before so seeing what sorta stuffyour doing to prepare would be good.
ofens

Post by ofens »

At the AFCO I was just told that the troop before were having only one week in Foundation, before they moved into 6-man rooms.
I saw Foundation briefly during my PRMC but do not know if there is more than one grot.
Oh well, I'm sure it will all pan out fine!
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Training split looks something like this currently mate, this is the simple version as I'm about to go out

Daily:

2 mile run (fast pace, 2 BIG hills, no more than 16mins, from work)
Press Ups / Sit Ups / Squats / Pull Ups (75% of max x 4, no rest)

Day 1: Gym work, throw some weights around (high reps, full body movements)

Finish of with circuits such as WC101, 100 Burpees or Tabata (Bike usually)

Day 2: 4 or 6 mile run depending on route I choose when I leave the flat, plenty of hills involved and look to shave off at least 4 seconds each time

Day 3: Interval training, 30 mins at least but if I'm at the gym I would do something like...

PJFT - 1 min rest - Bike Tabata - 1 min rest - 1km Row - 1 min rest - 100 Burpees - die :D

All done at best effort, which goes without saying I suppose!

I don't like to keep to one routine and am a firm believer that as long as you're improving times on runs, adding more reps to the core bodyweight movements and during sprint days your heart rate is elevated for duration then you can pick and choose what you like to do

Will start swimming again soon though it bores the hell out of me
Mason

Post by Mason »

Darren82, where are you running that has these two big hills? I live in newcastle and the two main hills that are around is that long one that leads up stamfordham road and thats on road so...was wundering if you knew where the best place to run is maybe you could use "mapmyrun.com" and draw me a route out that you use. Thanks