Share This Page:

Got to week 9, now out of training!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Macca

Got to week 9, now out of training!

Post by Macca »

Hi lads, haven't spoke on here for a while now so I thought I'd come back on and share my experiences and reasons for leaving.

Basically got to week 9 with 947 troop wich had a hoofin training team (though we got our fair share of beasting :o :) ) aswel as a good bunch of lads, i enjoyed my experience at CTC but had some personal issues at home but i think the main reason for me coming out was i felt as though I was jumping in at the deep end and that I needed more life experience before joining such a force as I'm only 18 and that i would feel more comfortable in re-joining between the age of 21-23. Theres still no doubt in my mind I want to be a Royal Marine but after going down there myself for a few weeks it did make me realise I ain't ready for this just yet. I do kind of regret coming out but I know I made the right decision for me and look forward to re-joining in the future.

I'm not saying that if you join at the age of 16-17 you won't cope because that ain't always true, there was 2 lads in my grot aged 16-17 who were doing very well and still are from what I know which is brilliant, its just some people differ and I personally felt i wasn't ready for it just yet after seeing for myself what i was getting into.

My experience down there was awsome and from what I learnt the life of a Royal Marine is an awsome lifestyle and a great buzz

anyway thats it from me fellas and best of luck to all that are applying and have up and coming PRMC's

cheers
Macca
Riggsy

Post by Riggsy »

You still got quite far though didn't you fella, so well done for that!

Must have been a great experience for you!

Quick question did you see many lads with big tattoo's in training?
Macca

Post by Macca »

Hi Riggsy cheers mate :D and yeah there were a few fellas down there with big tattoos. I've got a very small tattoo so obviously got a bit of harmless piss taking :lol: it's all good though buddy.
azard9330

Post by azard9330 »

Congrats on getting that far. It's still an experience to remember and a good one too.

I sometimes think that I'd like to go around the World backpacking or somthing like that, after all I'm 17, but I think I'll wait till I leave to do that or on do it my leaves, but just not for as long as I'd like.

What is it you're gonna do for the next few years?
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

congrats on getting that far still an experience to remember and a good one too.

i some time think that im 17 and i'd like to get around the world backpacking or somthing like that but i think ill wait till i leave to do that or on my leaves but not for as long as i'd like.

what is it you'r gonna do for the next few years
I'm not a mod, but good God what is so difficult about putting capital letters on 'I' and at the beginning of sentences??

And "you'r", "gonna", "ill", "somthing"??? Speak English. :evil:
RT: 10th November
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Hope you don't live to regret it mate

I would give anything to be at week 9 of training right now, good God even gym pass out has got to be more fun than my current situation!

You're young enough to still enjoy a bit of life before re-taking the plunge just keep the goal in mind and don't let civvy street make you lazy.

Best of luck bud
azard9330

Post by azard9330 »

Hey it's English, just not at its best.
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

Personally I wouldn't classify much of it as English. I'm sure a paper turned in like that would not get marked. On a more positive note, good luck with RT starting tomorrow!
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Just looked at your sig, good luck tomorrow azard!
1664Kro

Post by 1664Kro »

Yea best of luck Azard9330
P.S your spelling is great 8)
Pvt Doughnut

Post by Pvt Doughnut »

Well done on getting to week 9 Macca!

I have recently done the same as you, i was in week 11 and decided to opt out after a few weeks in Hunter with a knee injury.
My reason for leaving wasn't that I was injured as I stuck Hunter until I was fixed. It was that at the time I didnt feel I could commit to the career as I wanted other things from life first.
I left around a month ago and have only just started to get back onto my feet with regards to work. I know in my heart I made the right choice and I hope you do too, though I cant say I dont miss it LOL. I have been in contact with the RMR with regard to continuing my training with them while pursuing my civvi interests as well.

Hope it all works out for you mate, best of luck.
Application sent : April 06
Psychometric Test : May 06
Eye Test : May 06
Interview: May 06
Medical: June 06
PJFT: 12/06/06 - 10.20
PRMC: Delayed after broken foot - 27/07/06
PRMC no.2 - 24th April - PASSED
RT - 11th June.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Cheers fellas and I hope things go well for you back in civvy st pvt doughnut. Azard9330 I'm currently doing construction and just trying to get some money to get a house with my bird and some mates and just have some fun for the next year or so and gain more life experience and when I feel its right I will get myself back down to Lympstone :D

Thanks again lads
Sully

Post by Sully »

Good effort Macca, it took a lot of guts to do what you did in admitting it wasn't for you - just yet :wink: but it was a positive experience. Especially good effort on reporting back here. The phys gets covered extensively but it can be lonely and a fairly dismal experience at CTC when your mind is elsewhere and your comments are a good reminder of this. By the same token I can't imagine you've put anybody off - just given some a bit more to think about.

Good luck in whatever you do from now on.
Per Flank, Per Tank
Macca

Post by Macca »

Cheers Sully, and you're right about having a positive experience as I wouldn't have changed anything. :) Also if anyone would like any info or any questions about my experience then feel free to ask as my memory is still fresh from experience :lol:

Cheers

Macca
Fairy_Dust

Post by Fairy_Dust »

Do you think you could of finished the 32 weeks training if you didn't have outside thoughts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjVbqJIAw-k