Share This Page:

Commando: On The Front Line; Episode 1 (Discuss)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Chas

Post by Chas »

2nd Episode for half an hour.
Starts with Trng. E/O week 4* at 22.30 hrs ITV next thursday 27/09/2007. :lol:
RM., Colonial Police & Queen's Regt HSF.
Starwon

Post by Starwon »

Oh :oops:
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

The next episode is only 30 mins?!?!?! That's crazy! An hour was barely enough for what they had to cover for the first episode!

But I suppose the rest of the nation wants the X-Factor or other rubbish like that. I had a look at the TV listings for next Thurs and from 12:00 they do a crappy gameshow/quiz thing. Shift the fixtings forward or something.

:evil:
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Aw Bollocks to ITV....

Ah well, better than nothing ey.
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
Mr_Kiwi

Post by Mr_Kiwi »

agreed, 30min a week is better than that spot being filled with another shite x-factor like show, or god forbid a house makeover show...
'Peace is to important to be left to politicians'
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Here's a torrent, with a higher quality version:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Commando-On ... 6ec6a1393c
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
derson

Post by derson »

Skanza wrote:Here's a torrent, with a higher quality version:

I doubt anyone will be able to download this as the tracker is requesting to register, however, they have reached their limit on registrations.

Shame really, wanted to see this.
tkdvipers

Post by tkdvipers »

derson wrote:
Skanza wrote:Here's a torrent, with a higher quality version:

I doubt anyone will be able to download this as the tracker is requesting to register, however, they have reached their limit on registrations.

Shame really, wanted to see this.
Seems bitnation have it. They are accepting sign ups at the moment.

http://bitnation.com/details.php?id=177 ... comm119119

If someone gets it before me put it up on a public tracker so we can all get at it. If no one does before me I'll put it up and notify you all.
[size=150][color=green][u]BLUEPETER PRMC VIDEOS HERE > [url=http://training-perseverence.blogspot.com]PRMC VIDEOS[/url][/u][/color][/size]

PRMC - 07/09/08
marine101

Post by marine101 »

First of all it was only the end of week 2 in training and the 2nd episode is the start of week 4. The program will be repeated on itv4 on Wednesday every week and edited to and hour long instead. rubber duck
got to Week 7 and left :(
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

They plan to fit the remaining 30 weeks, as well as an introduction to Commando life in Afghanistan, into 3hrs and 30mins.

Good luck.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

They plan to fit the remaining 30 weeks, as well as an introduction to Commando life in Afghanistan, into 3hrs and 30mins.

Good luck.
According to my math’s skills that roughly works out as a minute per day of training 8) .... I'm guessing that’s not going to be enough for most peoples liking (my self included)

Better than a kick in the teeth, plus what do you expect, its a military program crappy game shoes and design programs (not to mention learn how to dress shows) are obviously more important to the public :roll:

I wont get angry, I wont get angry, I wont get angry :evil: Bloody ITV :evil:

Stokey :P

P.S. aren’t we typical Brits, wait for something to come along for ages then moan when it gets here :lol: ... I enjoyed last weeks minds haven't been let down so far, shouldn't really complain.
macster

Post by macster »

I don't know if anyone else agrees but I think that they missed a big trick with this first episode by not detailing that the nods had passed a PRMC to get to the start of training - even if it was just 5 mins on it.

I just think that it gave the impression that the lad from St.Vincent had never been CTC (or Britain) before and this was all a bit of a culture shock but the reality is that all of these lads have had 3 days there already and have a fair idea about what they are getting themselves into.

Also it would have informed the great British public that you just can't turn up to recruit training, you have to pass a selection process.

........just a thought.
maritime_marine

Post by maritime_marine »

macster wrote:I don't know if anyone else agrees but I think that they missed a big trick with this first episode by not detailing that the nods had passed a PRMC to get to the start of training - even if it was just 5 mins on it.

I just think that it gave the impression that the lad from St.Vincent had never been CTC (or Britain) before and this was all a bit of a culture shock but the reality is that all of these lads have had 3 days there already and have a fair idea about what they are getting themselves into.

Also it would have informed the great British public that you just can't turn up to recruit training, you have to pass a selection process.

........just a thought.
Yes I totally agree with the PRMC bit, the program is obviously aimed at raising recruitment levels, hence the new website but I think its going to target some of the wrong audience. There were some clips of the recruits putting in hard work (PT) but not enough to show how much hard work and effort is needed in preparation.
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Yeah I found that a bit surprising too, a mention of the PRMC would have shown that the recruits had a bit of prior experience.

Wonder how busy AFCO's are up and down the country?