Share This Page:

Public services

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
surfingdream

Public services

Post by surfingdream »

Hey lads after finding out i cant join for another two years due to asthma when i was a puppy i decided to enrol on a national diploma in public services. Passed my interview and smiled sweetly and got the place. Just asking has any one else done this course at college and if so is it any good?

Dan
jezb

Post by jezb »

Never heard of it, is it something to do with toilets?
rt 10/09/2007
SHOOT_ME

Post by SHOOT_ME »

Yes i did the National Award in public services and finished in May this year. Its a good laugh meet new people, the tutors are normally former, police or military, fire service, etc. Anything specific you want to know?
803troop

Post by 803troop »

My mate done that as well. I'm not sure if it's the same for all course nationwide, but my mate went to Lympsonte as part of his course.

Baz
quirk

Post by quirk »

yes mate i done it. i done the national diploma but only done the first year cause decided to just go for the marines rather than wait the course out. its brilliant and like shoot_me said its a good laugh an u meet new people and you can also check your fitness in it. when i done it we got to train with the marines, the army, fire service and everything
hobbsy

Post by hobbsy »

Yeah mate im on my second year of it, starting on monday. Its a good course, quite easy, and a good laugh. Where are you going to do it?
Ive been away wih the marines, and trained with them 3 or 4 times, been with the Army, Navy, police, fire service etc. Did a survival course, do loooads of phys, we go to france and bulgaria and do like adventure sports trips, ive been parachuting twice now. Its great, defo get on the course if you can, its well worth as an experiance, if not for the BTEC.
Hope that helped.
- First Interview/Chat - 'Good potential candidate' - March
-Psychometric Tests - Passed - March
-Interview - Passed - 20/03/07
-Eye Test - Passed (Grade 1 Vision) - 03/04/07
-Medical - Passed - 3/04/07
-PJFT - In a while
-PRMC - In a while
Jt.

Post by Jt. »

I start my course on wednesday :D
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Hey JT... which collage you doing the course at? I noticed you are from Staffordshire (as am I) and was wondering as it seems like a decent course to look into after doing my final year of school.

Do all/most/some collages do this course or not?

Stokey
SHOOT_ME

Post by SHOOT_ME »

Not too sure on this one, though I would imagine the larger colleges would be more likely to run them, in oreder to get enough people. Just contact any colleges in your area to find out if your interested.
_chris

Post by _chris »

As shoot_me says the larger colleges do it, I'm not doing it myself (doing A-levels) but know which colleges offer it. Its usually offered by the same colleges that offer the IB, as these tend to be larger colleges, but not always though.
hobbsy

Post by hobbsy »

Yeah, i think its at colleges that arent 6th form ones. So ones that do adult education and BTEC courses etc. Regional Colleges offer it.
- First Interview/Chat - 'Good potential candidate' - March
-Psychometric Tests - Passed - March
-Interview - Passed - 20/03/07
-Eye Test - Passed (Grade 1 Vision) - 03/04/07
-Medical - Passed - 3/04/07
-PJFT - In a while
-PRMC - In a while
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Cheers for that lad's, I'll defiantly give it a looking into, see what it's all about.

Thanks

Stokey
Jt.

Post by Jt. »

Stokey_14 wrote:Hey JT... which collage you doing the course at? I noticed you are from Staffordshire (as am I) and was wondering as it seems like a decent course to look into after doing my final year of school.

Do all/most/some collages do this course or not?

Stokey
hey i'm doing it at lichfield & tamworth college, i tried to go to sutton but they don't do the course.

tamworth was the closest one to me which do it!

don't really know much about the course as of yet but what they explained sounds awesome.

visiting & training with police/fire/marines sounds awesome.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

I've actually got some mates going Litchfield & Tamworth collage at the moment... it is actually quite a way from where I live but they all live a lot closer, I checked out South Cheshire collage to see if they ran this course ( they do) so I think that's going to be the closest one for me... still got a year at school before that though :roll:

Stokey