Share This Page:

BLEEP TEST: tips ? and peoples prmc scores for it

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
sd88

Post by sd88 »

13 for me, which is what they want you to get as a minimum for the POC
fogarty

Post by fogarty »

I got 11 ages ago before I really started my training. That was about... two years ago now.
Swift and Bold till I die....
sd88

Post by sd88 »

well things have changed it seems, only 1 guy got past 14 on my POC. odd though, after around 6 months of far less training after my POC i still pushed out a 13.1 when doing the bleep test with the Officer Training Corps at uni.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

PAGreenwell wrote:
13 for me, which is what they want you to get as a minimum for the POC
Level 11 is the official minimum. You say 13, on my POC the Captain said we really shouldn't be getting any lower than 14!
Don't go worrying yourself about getting 14, the bleep test isn't really a reflection of anything you'll be doing after you pass out the gym. I'm hard pressed to get anything over 12 and I passed the commando tests convincingly enough.
ramz56

Post by ramz56 »

i got 14.7 at the sports centre around 2 months ago. i find the best workout for improving my bleep test score is sprinting around a football pitch with 1 minute rest between each lap, start off with 5 reps and add 1 each week, when you reach around 15 start to cut the rest down.
"per mere per terram" "esprit de corps"
Aptitude tests-PASSED
Medical-PASSED
Interview-PASSED
PJFT-PASSED (7.26)
Ty

Post by Ty »

how does the test work anyway ?. Do you do 10 runs back and fourth until it graduates to the next number ?. So like 10 runs at 1, 10 runs at 2, 10 runs at 3 and so fourth ?
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

how does the test work anyway ?. Do you do 10 runs back and fourth until it graduates to the next number ?. So like 10 runs at 1, 10 runs at 2, 10 runs at 3 and so fourth ?
I believe the shuttles vary from stage to stage... round about 10-12 on each level though. If you wish to improve this the best way is to practice it though (as well as obviously improving over are running/stamina etc)

you can down load the bleep test on MP3 all over the net, if you don't have a MP3 player you can also find CD's with the test on.

Stokey
_chris

Post by _chris »

Levels are based on a time period of 60s not on shuttles, obviously on the higher levels there will be more shuttles per level than on the lower levels.
Hughser

Post by Hughser »

How does the turning work on bleep tests then? I've heard alot of talk about sprinting on the turns being the key but not sure how it works.
Recruit Tests - Passed
Interview - Passed
-- Injured --
2nd Interview - Passed
Medical - Passed
PJFT - 9.39 Passed
RMAD - 20th November
PRMC - 4th December
_chris

Post by _chris »

You can turn however you want, you just have to run between the lines. Different people adopt different strategies but the most efficienct strategy is to touch the line with one foot and push back away in the opposite direction, rather than running little circles etc.