Share This Page:

New TV Documentary

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

there allways canceling millitary programes.
That because there isn't a lot of people who are interested in military programs (compared to other subjects that is) seem that the general pubic prefer watching people move home or being taught how to be a parent :roll: the producers are just after ratings it seems and aren’t bothered about putting decent TV out there.

They didn't make a final "SAS are you tough enough" because not enough people where watching the first two. although it wasn't the greatest program ever I personally enjoyed, just as a light watch, it's 10 x better than big brother or any other program like that!

Let hope this program is still going to be aired.... I should image so!

If anyone finds any info about the program and it time etc report back ASAP I’m dieing to see it :wink:

Stokey
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Stop panicking lads, of course it will be aired.

Doesn't everything get moved around or postponed when they're showing a Champions League game? My bet is that it will just be knocked back a week or so.
Hughser

Post by Hughser »

Will check the Sky Guide when it allows me to get to the date and confirm if its on at the specified time.
Recruit Tests - Passed
Interview - Passed
-- Injured --
2nd Interview - Passed
Medical - Passed
PJFT - 9.39 Passed
RMAD - 20th November
PRMC - 4th December
Steve14

Post by Steve14 »

Brian- wrote:Stop panicking lads, of course it will be aired.

Doesn't everything get moved around or postponed when they're showing a Champions League game? My bet is that it will just be knocked back a week or so.
Good because I will be wild camping on the Ilse of Skye that week of the 28th :D

If anyone here has a DVD recorder you should be able to stick it up on you tube?
Hughser

Post by Hughser »

well its not on the 28th as people have said, probably put back a week due to farkin footie.
Recruit Tests - Passed
Interview - Passed
-- Injured --
2nd Interview - Passed
Medical - Passed
PJFT - 9.39 Passed
RMAD - 20th November
PRMC - 4th December
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Stokey_14 wrote:
there allways canceling millitary programes.
That because there isn't a lot of people who are interested in military programs (compared to other subjects that is) seem that the general pubic prefer watching people move home or being taught how to be a parent :roll: the producers are just after ratings it seems and aren’t bothered about putting decent TV out there.

They didn't make a final "SAS are you tough enough" because not enough people where watching the first two. although it wasn't the greatest program ever I personally enjoyed, just as a light watch, it's 10 x better than big brother or any other program like that!

Let hope this program is still going to be aired.... I should image so!

If anyone finds any info about the program and it time etc report back ASAP I’m dieing to see it :wink:

Stokey
Bloody right as well. :evil:

Its some old fat gimp in a suit who makes these decisions. "I know what we'll do, we'll watch some stupid fat lady with a big gob shout her mouth off on t.v. It does no good for anyone else, but good god, such great ratings!" :x

"Thats just what society needs to see these days, lets not worry at all about what really matters and whats alot more important, lets not show a program that gives our country something to be proud of"

Something cracked me up earlier on the news, and it was a headline: "Record numbers of british citizens are leaving the U.K to live elsewhere and no one really knows why?" - are they that thick??? :evil:

Back on topic though: I hope they show this program, but as mentioned by Hughser, it will probably get moved around because of the pigging footie. Wicked.

All the best.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

You can criticise all you like, but what are they going to do, put on something to keep a minority happy that the majority won't watch? Or put on some crap that the majority do not have a problem watching that gets better ratings? It's not really that surprising is it. If it gets good ratings in its first couple of weeks it'll probably keep its slot. All told, I don't understand why people would find some of the crap they put on tv more interesting than this new commando series. Is it really that interesting to watch a wife decide whether or not she'll leave a man if his dog doesn't sort his/her life out? Just something that the poeple in this forum are incredibly biased about (nothing wrong with that of course). ITV showed a series like this ages back and if I remember rightly, they showed it all on time.
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

yeah that sounds familiar jammin,

it was a couple of years back i think, was shown at something like 11.30 in the morning on a weekday so not exatly a prime-time spot. Hopefully this one coming up soon will be noticed more.
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

The BBC are required to show a proportion of their telly aimed at minorities, 'cos we pay a license fee for it. Don't know if ITV have summat similar due to their license, but yeah - it's probably been moved for the footy.
RT: 10th November
In_Training

Post by In_Training »

Yeh I think people just need to keep their ear to the ground - I'm certain it will be showed, its like people have said, the footy will always take priority, which I don't mind too much, just as long as I can still watch the stuff its replacing at some time!!

But whilst I was hunting around for it I did see that on tuesday 28th ITV4 are showing "The one that got away" - its the story of Chris Ryan's escape from the compromised 'BRAVO TWO ZERO' SAS mission in the gulf (sure you are all familiar with it). I've seen it before and to be honest its very low budget, shoddy acting, and as Chris Ryan himself has stated, not wholly the truth - its been hollywooded up a bit. Just thought i'd let you know if any of you were now at a loose end!! cant remember what time its on but I think around 2300.
Ali3

Post by Ali3 »

probably be on after rugby world cup now, mid october time.

oh well dont mind missing a documentary for some good old rugger!
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Ali3 wrote:probably be on after rugby world cup now, mid october time.

oh well dont mind missing a documentary for some good old rugger!
I'll second that. Ohhhhh yyeeessss! 8)

Still would be nice to see it though.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

so is there a date then?

i saw a slight preveiw of it on a ITV advert about whats coming up this year and they showed like a mili-second footage from it, so i guess it still going ahead.
eddie_2006

Post by eddie_2006 »

It was played today at the edinburgh TV festival so it can't be that far away can it??

http://www.mgeitf.co.uk/programme/sessi ... sp?id=4341
_chris

Post by _chris »

It is on in the autumn line up definantly, no worries about that. Its one of their main autumn programs according to several sources, and its prominant position in their autumn advertising confirms this; certainly after over a year in production I highly doubt it would be dropped. They haven't released the slot yet but as they only release a weeka head then thats no big worry. According to this site (signup is free, I would copy but don't want MFAT to get in trouble) its an 8 part series with the first being one hour long and 30mins for the rest, shown on ITV1 and 4. It will probably start Early to mid september if its 8 parts I'ld imagine, as that will take ITV onto there winter programming.