Share This Page:

What shape are royals?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
therobmeister

What shape are royals?

Post by therobmeister »

Hi. I have applied to join the Royal Marines and as i currently work in a gym i was wondering what sort of shape Royal Marines are in? Now i have seen USMC marines who are built like Brick s**t houses. but i know the Royals are a lighter bunch.
Could anyone help with letting me know what kind of body i will end up with due to RT?
ashley

Post by ashley »

You will have 2 heads, 6 arms and an extra leg.

Or, perhaps you'll be much the same as when you started RT, but a lot more developed both mentally and physically. The Corps has blokes from every background, and consequently everyone looks different. Its what is between your ears that drive your body and make decisions, that's what counts.
Artist

Post by Artist »

They are normally the same shape as the average human being, all the bits in the right places, arms two, legs two, head on top of torso, torso also in right place. At least I fecking was!!!!

One or two were a tad different true but we used to keep them in cages until such time that we needed them. The cages would be moved forward and then using a two hundred yard rope we would release them towards the enemy. They would scare the shite out of the enemy by lurching forward and offering them sex for a pint!!!! :roll:

What a silly question!

Artist
therobmeister

Post by therobmeister »

ok now i re read my post it does seem like a strange question :-?
I just meant are they leaner than average, bigger built, pot bellied...
sorry il get my coat :oops:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Bootnecks are normal in every way shape and form. What makes them different is whats in their head. Endex.

Artist
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

:o

A typical example:

RCT Roberts on joining was 4ft 9ins and weighed 60 kg, after Kings Squad pass out Marine Roberts was 7ft 2ins and now weighed 97kg.He could also bench press two to three tanks and could do as many press ups in a minute as he wanted, just ask and he could do them.

He could also eat metal, drink petrol and breath fire out of his arse. Others develop different various skills, but they are too top secret to mention, as Artist mentioned some have to be caged.

Facts are that at the start of RT there will be around fifty odd RCT's of all different shapes and sizes. Some 32 weeks later they will still be different shapes and sizes, however there will be far less of them, and now they will all have one thing in common, their Green Lids and Commando Flash's. They will all have changed physically in some way over the course of it, some not much, some alot, but it doesnt matter, as mentioned above its what they now have between their ears that matters.
ashley

Post by ashley »

dwarfy wrote:He could also eat metal, drink petrol and breath fire out of his arse. Others develop different various skills, but they are too top secret to mention, as Artist mentioned some have to be caged.
How did his respitory system change so much?
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

i think the answer you want is that by the end of RT you wont have an ounce of fat on you,if you were heavy before you'll come out much lighter,if you were light then the only weight you'd possibly put on is in lean muscle mass.on average i dont think they'll be all shihouses,more lean and fit:not big short and bulky muscles but lean and fit muscles.more athletic than weightlifter type.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
therobmeister

Post by therobmeister »

Thanks degrees of passion
That was the kind of answer i was looking for. As i work in a gym and watch what i eat i wasnt sure what effect the diet and training of the Marines would have on a persons body. In future i will word my questions better.
By the way "hello" :D
Fairy_Dust

Post by Fairy_Dust »

I would say it depends alot on your metabolism and your family genes to do with how much body fat you will have at the end of training, and to what "shape" you might be.

Havn't been there myself but got a few friends in and even in training they had a nice sized gut, but then others will have a ripped looking six pack.

Bet you see all shapes and sizes while your working in a gym, I presume the corps will be very similar, all shapes and sizes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjVbqJIAw-k
Felias

Post by Felias »

Probably ripped or like me never stop eating and passout a phat bastad. My troop boss told me not to have so much scran, that I would not be able to do the phys. Well, had lots of scran and passed everything.lol. If you have body fat it is good for the 30miler, and you won't hangout that bad.
THinking about leaving already!
Chas

Post by Chas »

Felias,
Glad to see you are now happy and impressed. :lol:
RM., Colonial Police & Queen's Regt HSF.
Felias

Post by Felias »

Yep, cheers Chas. I'm where I want to be. Wazzzz
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

So whats changed? Why were not happy before and what has changed to make you happy now?

Hope it stays like this!
Felias

Post by Felias »

I was treated badly in AS, at 42 the heirachy is hoofin, not as pussers and not C****. Like the ones at AS were, they had it in for everybody and everyone hated them for that, everyone in the branch is threaders which says a lot.