Share This Page:

Flat footed

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
alee9

Flat footed

Post by alee9 »

I was recently round a friends house when his mother pointed out the fact that my feet are pretty flat. I have never noticed this before, but have had minor pain in my feet and do get cramp in my calf quite alot, but just thought it was normal. Would this pain be due to flat feet?
I was just wondering if I did get my feet checked out, and the outcome was that I did have flat feet, then would this hinder my chances of getting back in? I have been in RT before and nothing was said, so should i keep quiet about it?
Hear no evil, see no evil...SShhhhhh!
jay999

Post by jay999 »

I think you can insoles to sort that kinda thing. Maybe worth looking into?
AJtothemax

Re: Flat footed

Post by AJtothemax »

alee9 wrote:I was recently round a friends house when his mother pointed out the fact that my feet are pretty flat. I have never noticed this before, but have had minor pain in my feet and do get cramp in my calf quite alot, but just thought it was normal. Would this pain be due to flat feet?
I was just wondering if I did get my feet checked out, and the outcome was that I did have flat feet, then would this hinder my chances of getting back in? I have been in RT before and nothing was said, so should i keep quiet about it?
Go and see a doctor or a physio. The arches in your feet could have fallen or you could just have flat feet. Either way, go and see the people who know about this sort of thing.

All the best. 8)
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
_chris

Re: Flat footed

Post by _chris »

alee9 wrote:I was recently round a friends house when his mother pointed out the fact that my feet are pretty flat. I have never noticed this before, but have had minor pain in my feet and do get cramp in my calf quite alot, but just thought it was normal. Would this pain be due to flat feet?
Flat feet isn't massively uncommon, you'ld need more support though and something like insoles could do this. You're also likely to overpronate so would need to make sure your running shoes allowed for this. You would need orthotics to help ease symptoms and these are easily available. I wouldn't imagine it would be somethig that would hold you back, but guess only your AFCO or medical could say. As AJ says go see a professional get it checked, see if theres a podiatrist in your local area and visit them.
alee9

Post by alee9 »

Thanks for the advice guys. Just made an appointment with a chiropodist, so will hopefully get some sort of feedback from them.
[b]_chris[/b]- I do actually over pronate when I run, I never new that could be down to flat feet/collapsed arches. Thanks again guys, will post when I find out!
Artist

Post by Artist »

Best of luck. Just hope your worrying about nought really.

Artist
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

alee9 wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. Just made an appointment with a chiropodist, so will hopefully get some sort of feedback from them.
_chris- I do actually over pronate when I run, I never new that could be down to flat feet/collapsed arches. Thanks again guys, will post when I find out!
No drama. Take care. 8)
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
alee9

Post by alee9 »

Went to see the chiropodist last night and he did say that I had flat feet! :(
Will this affect me getting in? I havn't had any problems so far, and didn't last time I was in RT.
Does anybody know anyone else who has flat feet who is training?
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

You need orthotics, eventually you will probably get an overuse injury because of it I think.

Mitch
MarkBunt

Post by MarkBunt »

I also have flatfeet after a while running my feet start to ache beyond belief! im lookin at getting some good insoles to be honest
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

hey mate,
i got flat feet as well, and it is a hindrance but i can assure you while you're in training you can get orthotics through the core, but in the end i never bothered because its mega uncomfortable to put on and takes to long to get use to. but you won't have any problems and i can assure you that.
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...