Share This Page:

End of week 21 Hello...and a war cry...and other stuff

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
TheWedge

End of week 21 Hello...and a war cry...and other stuff

Post by TheWedge »

Hello all, I am tired so excuse me

I have not posted on here properly for a few months so I thought I would raise my head and say hello as well as big up mfat.co.uk and the Royal Marines. As the subject says, I am about to start my 22nd week of training at CTCRM. I am still with my original troop, 935. We started of with 47 blokes and now have about 33 men, 24 of which are originals. I have bottom field passout next week as well as a major inspection from the Adjutant on the drill square. I also deploy on my penultimate exercise the same week.

I would just like to say thanks to mfat.co.uk for all the help the site gave me before I joined up and all those that contributed. I am glad that people are still turning up here for PRMC, there was a lull a few months back when civvies started to get scared of dying for their country!. Thank god that we still have people with the guts to join up to the UK armed forces. If anyone is thinking twice about joining the Marines I suggest you get your butt down here and show your country you have balls!. There isn't much on the street worth risking your life for, but the pride of ultimately being part of the british armed forces, namely the Marines, is well worth the risk. Life is tough in the first 15 weeks with basic military stuff, you have to wait for phase 2 in week 16 before you get to do Gucci stuff. When you feel down you just have to remember why you joined and what the badge on your nod beret symbolises, life does get better as training progresses and you will do things you thought you could never do, you will be a recruit in a very exclusive club, so stick it out. Sales pitch over.

For those that are in the application process and preparing for PRMC, here is a link to my pre-joining fitness plan if anybody is interested http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14441. For people about to join or those already here with laptops, if you want web access without waiting for Hunter troop nods to get bored with youtube in the learning center, I would recommend a T-mobile 3G USB modem for your laptop, setup an ad-hoc wireless network and internet connection sharing and people in your room can browse the web in the evenings/weekends. I get £10 each off a few lads in my room which covers the £30 monthly cost, we can MSN and email without leaving our grots. You will probably have to wait until phase 2 to do this though because phase 1 is so intense but it helps you feel connected if you can email and Messenger your mates and family!, plus you can rape ebay.

I have spouted enough random stuff, Good luck with joinging/training to all.

David
42 CDO RM 18/09/07
KSPO: 14/09/07
RT: 11/12/06
PRMC: 07/11/06
PJFT: 25/04/06 (8:53)
Security Check
Medical: 20/04/06
Selection Interview: 03/06
Eye Test: 02/06
Psychometric test: 01/02/06
Application: 01/06

Best 6 miler: 39:30!
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Nice to see you're still around. Well done to get that far. I wish you all the best for the future.

Take care. 8)
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
fodd

Post by fodd »

WI FI IN YOUR GROTS SOUNDS LIKE BUTLINS :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
TheWedge

Post by TheWedge »

fodd wrote:WI FI IN YOUR GROTS SOUNDS LIKE BUTLINS :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Oh the comforts bought by the Ipod generation!
42 CDO RM 18/09/07
KSPO: 14/09/07
RT: 11/12/06
PRMC: 07/11/06
PJFT: 25/04/06 (8:53)
Security Check
Medical: 20/04/06
Selection Interview: 03/06
Eye Test: 02/06
Psychometric test: 01/02/06
Application: 01/06

Best 6 miler: 39:30!