Share This Page:

Camp lympstone

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
fodd

Camp lympstone

Post by fodd »

just spoke to a mate whos just completed week 2 from the sound of things have changed a lot seem there not thrashing nods the same my mate said his troop aint been beasted yet or given press ups as a troop sound a bit daft from wat he told me plus your allowed DUVETS????? what the hell so from the sounds it dont sound like lymphyitz
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

Thats only after 2 weeks of being at lympstone though. Still have 30 more weeks of potential beastings.

Mitch
fodd

Re: re

Post by fodd »

mitch_boxing wrote:Thats only after 2 weeks of being at lympstone though. Still have 30 more weeks of potential beastings.

Mitch
yeah but mate when i was a nod the first day were were bangin them out 3rd day was camp circuits with the big green mats just sounds to me like its softened up especially as theres a civvie board there apparently monitoring RT so its meant to be hard for the training teams to proper thrash nods now this is what i have heard from a lot of my old oppos
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
jezb

Post by jezb »

Must admit I was suprised to see duvets in the foundation block when we had a look while on my prmc last week !
rt 10/09/2007
Felias

Post by Felias »

According to a highly accurate source, because of recruitment shortages they have wrapped on some asspects of corrective military training. This was the dit told to me by a WO1, same thing is happening in Para reg apparently, but not because of recruitment for it. Damnit why did we get all those lovely thrashings for what! :evil:
THinking about leaving already!
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

. . .
Last edited by davidemmerson on Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felias

Post by Felias »

It does not still happen. I passed out 2 months ago and this has just come into effect with troops after 930+ not getting thrashed as much or at all. Mate this is a very recent thing and is primarily for getting lads commando trained and on OPs.
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

Wheres the fun in that?

I dont think they should make it easier at all!, Its not really fair on the future marines if they arnt as tough as the marines before them.
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
jezb

Post by jezb »

euro_andrew wrote:Wheres the fun in that?

I dont think they should make it easier at all!, Its not really fair on the future marines if they arnt as tough as the marines before them.
I know what you mean, but to be fair, you still need to be pretty tough to pass out after 32 weeks.
rt 10/09/2007
Artist

Post by Artist »

Nought wrong being nice to Nods.

We used to tuck them into bed at 2200hrs 24/7 without fail. If a Nod was a wee bit homesick and sucking his thumb it was not unknown for a Cpl to sit next to the Nods bed and read bedtime stories until they dropped off to Laa Laa Land. The Cpl would then creep out of the Grot trying very hard not to wake up the other occupants cos they needed their beauty sleep.

My Arse did we!!!! :evil: You worked your guts out and you did as you were told 24/7! I had to and countless other Nods had to. If it changes then as far as I'm concerned the standards are going down the tube. Their training to be Royal Marine Commandos not fecking Traffic Wardens for Christs Sake!!! :evil: :evil:

Artist
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Standards falling, sign of the times. I would hope the RM would be an exception to this countries demise, pray that I am right.

Personally, I can't quite see the power of a duvet, what's wrong with a sheet?

Maybe soon they will bring in luxurious King size Beds, complete with Busty Blonde, and a San Fernando sized share of flavoured rubber.
Last edited by ADDiction on Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Foundation is also split into quarters now. It looks daft.
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Just another example of why the top brass and politicians have no idea on the proper way to solve a recruitment problem.

If numbers are low then why drop standards to get more people through training? Only negative things can come from it. Recruits will be less respected when joining a troop after passing out, our Marines will be less respected as a whole by the public and recruits will feel cheated if they feel they have had it easier than those who went before them.

Why not simply offer our boys what they deserve; more benefits for trained ranks, a wage they can actually live on and perhaps put a bit more effort into recruitment.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

ADDiction wrote: Personally, I can't quite see the power of a duvet, what's wrong with a sheet?
Fark that. I hate bed sheets, they end up all over the bed.
Felias

Post by Felias »

Artist wrote:Nought wrong being nice to Nods.

We used to tuck them into bed at 2200hrs 24/7 without fail. If a Nod was a wee bit homesick and sucking his thumb it was not unknown for a Cpl to sit next to the Nods bed and read bedtime stories until they dropped off to Laa Laa Land. The Cpl would then creep out of the Grot trying very hard not to wake up the other occupants cos they needed their beauty sleep.

My Arse did we!!!! :evil: You worked your guts out and you did as you were told 24/7! I had to and countless other Nods had to. If it changes then as far as I'm concerned the standards are going down the tube. Their training to be Royal Marine Commandos not fecking Traffic Wardens for Christs Sake!!! :evil: :evil:

Agreed. Pray to god the standards remain as high as always.
Artist