Share This Page:

So you had to leave training because you broke?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
DANTAE

Post by DANTAE »

thanks for that ashley gives me hope that the virtigo (dizziness) will go away soon and i will be able to get back to training asap good luck to every one in simular postions.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Great post there Ashley.

Like Ashley, I too got injured for a long period of time...saw mates who I passed PRMC with earn their green beret...whilst all the while sat at home nursing the hip injury I got. Let me tell you, that really gets you down thinking you could be there with them.

I then got over my injury and started training from scratch, but with even more determination than ever and passed my 2nd PRMC (PRMC passes only last a year).

Got into RT and was loving it there. Unfortunetely my injury said otherwise and I got medically discharged. Still struggling with the injury now, but if I ever get over this injury.... and other factors are ok.....I will be back....3rd PRMC...ready to start all over again....do foundation all over again.....to get that green beret.
Polynikes

Post by Polynikes »

Daveb wrote:Great post there Ashley.

Like Ashley, I too got injured for a long period of time...saw mates who I passed PRMC with earn their green beret...whilst all the while sat at home nursing the hip injury I got. Let me tell you, that really gets you down thinking you could be there with them.

I then got over my injury and started training from scratch, but with even more determination than ever and passed my 2nd PRMC (PRMC passes only last a year).

Got into RT and was loving it there. Unfortunetely my injury said otherwise and I got medically discharged. Still struggling with the injury now, but if I ever get over this injury.... and other factors are ok.....I will be back....3rd PRMC...ready to start all over again....do foundation all over again.....to get that green beret.
Respect.

Everyone who has been injured and has to start from scratch is a f*cking hero and an inspiration to me.
Roll off...?
hazholmes

Post by hazholmes »

Amazing posts both of you, goes without saying that wish you a speedy recovery and a pleasant revisit down to CTC asap.
fodd

Post by fodd »

Daveb wrote:Great post there Ashley.

im in the same boat as you mate when you rejoining?what week were you in when you got md'd oppo?hope your getting better worst thing you can do is feel sorry for yourself i did and worst thing i done mate
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.