Share This Page:

So this week I passed a PRMC

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
ashley

So this week I passed a PRMC

Post by ashley »

And now I find myself waiting for a date to rejoin.

I can't really say much about it. It's basically 2 full days with 4 sessions of phys. It was rather tough, sure. Given that I've only fully recovered from some surgery and a back injury in the past few months(which actually resulted in me having to the leave the first time round).

I won't post a great big diary on it, since there's a few of those here and they're good write-ups. So, if anyone wants an answer to some questions, feel free.
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Hey ashley I was on the same prmc, orange 9, room 7. Have a little cert here saying ive PASSED! Found it easier than my other prmc (well obviously would be). Suprised that there was no warm up before the run worth speaking of and no sprints after gym test 2 (think there wasnt time).
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
ashley

Post by ashley »

cruicent wrote:Hey ashley I was on the same prmc, orange 9, room 7. Have a little cert here saying ive PASSED! Found it easier than my other prmc (well obviously would be). Suprised that there was no warm up before the run worth speaking of and no sprints after gym test 2 (think there wasnt time).
Yeah, I was expecting something cheeky after the 3 miler, but it didn't happen.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

ashley wrote:
cruicent wrote:Hey ashley I was on the same prmc, orange 9, room 7. Have a little cert here saying ive PASSED! Found it easier than my other prmc (well obviously would be). Suprised that there was no warm up before the run worth speaking of and no sprints after gym test 2 (think there wasnt time).
Yeah, I was expecting something cheeky after the 3 miler, but it didn't happen.
Nice to hear you were on you're toes though.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

is it me or do prmc's sound like there getting easier . ive heard reports from several friends of mine clearly stating that they didn't do a warm up , bottom field lasted about 20 minutes and the 3 miler now starts off slow and allows you to do a best 1.5 mile. Maybe could just be isnt time on the day or are they so short on numbers there slackening the prmc standards in the hope that they can make up for it once in R.T
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
cruicent

Post by cruicent »

Im convinced it was easier than my last one (june). The run is the same as you would do for the BFT (or something - one of the tests) where the 1st half is the warm up and the 2nd best effort. But bottom field was always 20-25mins. "I want to beast you more but unfortunatly we havent got time". :roll: Not as many people failed, one dropped out of the run, I *think* through injury, 4 or 5 failed, 4 off bottom field as well I think ( "Where the fark are you going?!?!?" "Im just getting some water corporal" :o :lol: ) and then another 3 or 4 failed.
What did it used to be like? I remember on my other prmc loads failed the run and there was only half the full number of potentials for it.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
mjackson21

Post by mjackson21 »

Well done on passing, any training tips you would pass on now that you've done PRMC?
cruicent

Post by cruicent »

you will never be as prepared as you want to be. I found the run the hardest (even though I didnt do too badly) and knew if I could pass that I could do the rest. You just have to not give up on anything, go there with the mindset that there is no such thing as giving up.
Get in some sprints though, and work your quads a lot!
Congrats 946Trp
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

well my bottom field lasted much longer then 20 -25 minutes , my 3 miler was run ast a cheeky pace , there was a 15 min warm up before hand , 30 mins of sprints at end of gym test 2 . But suppose every prmc will be different aye.
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

no sprints after gymtest 2?!

you guys got it bloody easy. We were sprinting for ages and just as we were leaving one of the guys messed up and we were straight back in the gym sprinting.
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
ashley

Post by ashley »

euro_andrew wrote:no sprints after gymtest 2?!
It doesn't really make a difference anyway, because at that point everyone should have absolutely no doubt about cracking it.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Congrats in passing! Hope all will be well for you in the future!
Polynikes

Post by Polynikes »

Well done lads... let us know your RT dates when you get them.

:D
Roll off...?
In_Training

Post by In_Training »

Well done,

I dont really think it matters if every now and again a PRMC sounds as though as it may be a tad easier than another. There could be loads of reasons.

And whatever happens, as long as you meet the criteria that they set you... then who cares -- As long as you are ready prepared should you be on one of the tougher ones then just look at it as a good thing.

I know that sombody will reply saying soemthign to the effect of "...yeh but I want to know that they aint letting in just anybody..." and I fully appreciate that, but after PRMC is another 32 weeks, in which 'just anbody' will deffo be wormed out - you knows it!!!

But yeh, congrats to everyone passing, and good luck to all those waiting to!!
Felias

Post by Felias »

Perfectly good reason for that as PTIs never wrap on any sort of phys. The corps is lacking numbers so badly, therefore an easier PRMC.
THinking about leaving already!