Share This Page:

Women Marines

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Brownale

Women Marines

Post by Brownale »

I've just finished reading an article about a female officer who passed the Commando course, then went on to serve in a unit?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=591412002

Then got reading about various tests on the commando course; like the 9 mile speed march. Is it true that you only carry 26lb webbing on this and the 30 miler? And I was also suprised to see that you get 8 hours to complete the 30 miler :o . I'm not being funny but thats a piece of piss, the P company 20 miler is done in 4hrs 45mins with 45lb in the bergen, and its over some of the tallest hills in Warcop. That would leave you 3hrs 15mins to do the further 10mile :o

The commando 9 miler surely cant be done carrying just 20 odd lbs can it?? In pre para, you do boot runs carrying more than that!

No wonder a women passed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Brownale on Sun 18 Mar, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
james_m

Re: Women Marines

Post by james_m »

Brownale wrote:I've just finished reading an article about a female officer who passed the Commando course, then went on to serve in a unit?

Then got reading about various tests on the commando course; like the 9 mile speed march. Is it true that you only carry 26lb webbing on this and the 30 miler? And I was also suprised to see that you get 8 hours to complete the 30 miler :o . I'm not being funny but thats a piece of piss, the P company 20 miler is done in 4hrs 45mins with 45lb in the bergen, and its over some of the tallest hills in Warcop. That would leave you 3hrs 15mins to do the further 10mile :o

The commando 9 miler surely cant be done carrying just 20 odd lbs can it?? In pre para, you do boot runs carrying more than that!

No wonder a women passed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Given the link in your profile I guess you are some what biased? :D

Para Para in the Sky
Living Proof that sh*t can fly!

:D :D :D

Me thinks this is a post started to try and argue over who is better. No point as this has been covered many times before and is always stopped (as we always come to the conclusion Royal is better :wink: :D )

I think we all know why she opted to have a go at the Commando course as opposed to P Company and thats obviously as she would rather work with and longside handsome fine men as opposed to the ugly bast*rds that the Paras recruit.

Have a nice day
Cheers
James
james_m

Post by james_m »

Brownale wrote:the P company 20 miler is done in 4hrs 45mins with 45lb in the bergen, and its over some of the tallest hills in Warcop. That would leave you 3hrs 15mins to do the further 10mile :o
Correct in theory. Though it does not work like that as I am sure you are aware of! That is like saying if you can do a 4min miler then you should be able to do a 12min 3 miler!! Obviously this is not true.

Fair enough they do 20 miles in 4hrs 45mins but this must obviously be done at a quicker pace than Royals 30 miler but I bet they could not keep the same pace up for that last 10 miles if they were to do the 30 miler!

Now look what you've done, got me started now! :D

Cheers
James
Brownale

Post by Brownale »

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just did'nt know that thats all there was to the commado tests!! And I have just been informed by PM that the weight carried is not even 26lbs, but a mere 22lbs :o :o

I'm sorry, I may be biased but come on - 22lbs!! The GPMG weighs more than that :lol:
Brownale

Post by Brownale »

james_m wrote:Fair enough they do 20 miles in 4hrs 45mins but this must obviously be done at a quicker pace than Royals 30 miler but I bet they could not keep the same pace up for that last 10 miles if they were to do the 30 miler!
They would'nt have to!! They would have 3hrs 15mins to do the last 10 mile, thats about 21min miles - a slow bimble :lol:
Brownale

Post by Brownale »

9 miles in 90 mins carrying 22lb - sorry, but thats a boot run, not a speed march!!

On P company, you carry webbing of about 22lbs on the strecther race, and thats a 5 mile run with a 140lb stretcher on your shoulder. Webbing of a similar weight is also carried on the log race. How you can call carrying 22lbs for 9 miles a speed march, I'll never know!!

Even the chefs and clarks, (including women) in the Army have to do 8 mile carrying 55lb in 2hrs....and thats a basic yearly test
yet_mae

Post by yet_mae »

What a tit you are brown ale, have you even get your cherry berry yet? I can't belive someone that is a para would have to come on the net to this chat room and "big up" the paras, why would you need to if you know how hard it was to go thrugh P company, why have to try and prove it by spitting out stupid times and distances and saying "paras are better".

I'm sure if the people in RT were told they had less time to do the 30 miler they would still succeed, go read the article you posted, does it sound easy to you?
rc

Post by rc »

Brownale,

You don't know EXREG by any chance ?

Rich.
Ste Preece

Speed March

Post by Ste Preece »

Brownale: When bootnecks speed march they move as a group and get to their destination on time together as a team. Then they need to be fit to fight at the end of it. I hear P Company run like hell to their destination and leave everyone behind who falls back. At the end of it they're fit for ferk all. Some team work that mate. Do you lot get bus passes as well?

Also: Its just as well parachuting is a thing of the past as those irish parachutes open on impact. :D

IIIIINNNNNNCCOMMINNNNGGG :D

Cheers

Steve :lol:
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
HCR

Post by HCR »

Ive told this story before but it fits in better with this discussion.

I was on Guard once and it wasn't long after the first Women passed the AACC. The Guard Comd (who is Para trained) rang up CTC to enquire about the Course, when the bloke on the other end ask was it for him, our Guard Commander replied "No its for my Gran she wants to give it a crack" there was a lack of a sense of humour from the other end. He kept doing this everyday for about aweek. Its was funny
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Brownale wrote:I've just finished reading an article about a female officer who passed the Commando course, then went on to serve in a unit?
Served in a Unit eh? I'd check your info before you start a thread if I were you.

She had three attempts at the course. I will not say why she failed the first two as this is not the place. By the time she passed the guy that was the next to volunteer from her Regt had already passed and had already been sent to the draft that she should have gone to - and that was not to a unit.

Its a moot point but if you pass the AACC that makes you Commando trained and eligible to serve with 3rd Commando Brigade. It doesn't mean its going to actually happen though. Passing an AACC doesn't make you a Royal Marine Commando either.

Most Royal Marines would also conceed the point that you are not fully trained the day you pass out either. That takes a little while. Its a bit like passing your driving test. You aint a good driver the day you pass your test, you got to get out there and do a bit first.
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Sarastro

Re: Speed March

Post by Sarastro »

Ste Preece wrote:Brownale: When bootnecks speed march they move as a group and get to their destination on time together as a team. Then they need to be fit to fight at the end of it. I hear P Company run like hell to their destination and leave everyone behind who falls back.
Really?

So every 30 miler squad on AACC run at the pace of the slowest, and nobody ever drops out? Bollocks. People fail the 30-miler because they can't keep up just like people fail P-Company events because they can't keep up. The DS sets a pace, and those who can't keep up with the squad fail the event.

The tests are to see if you can do the distance in the time required, not to see if you can keep together as a fecking squad. Any group of w@#k could do 30 miles in a few days and keep together.

I don't even need to point out that the Paras place just as much emphasis on working as a team, staying with the squad, and being fit to fight at the end of a tab, because if you don't know that already you are either picking a fight, or a moron.

Blokes have passed AACC and failed P-Company. Blokes have failed P-Company and passed AACC. Some have passed both. Some have failed both. None of this has a higher meaning, except that at one time that person was fit, determined & lucky enough not to avoid injury, to meet the standard for that course. Get the f@#k over it and stop comparing all-arms courses to cock size.

PS
Fair enough they do 20 miles in 4hrs 45mins but this must obviously be done at a quicker pace than Royals 30 miler but I bet they could not keep the same pace up for that last 10 miles if they were to do the 30 miler!
Do the maths.
Para 10 miler = 110 minutes = 11 minute miles
Para 20 miler = 285 minutes = 14.25 minute miles
= 29% increase each extra 10 miles.

29% of 14.25 = 4.13 + 14.25 = 18.38 x 30 miles = 551.4 ...

= 9 hrs 12 minutes for 30 miles

So yes, you are correct, they would do it slower.

On the other hand, the weight they both carry excluding weapon:
Paras = 35lbs
Royal = 22lbs

Q:
Considering the above information, who has the bigger penis?

A:
a) Royal
b) Para
c) Each is the same
d) I don't care as long as it's in me
e) What the f@#k does that have to do with tabbing?
Last edited by Sarastro on Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
smudger289

Post by smudger289 »

sad tw*t

gotta be a bite

brownale have a crack at it your self pal , see if your still grinning

also did you read the part where they're F*ckd from a previous exercise

must be a bite and im biting, hard :roll:
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/butterbeanbootneck/smudger.jpg[/img]
INJURED!!
. . . . . . . . .
james_m

Re: Speed March

Post by james_m »

Sarastro wrote: PS
Do the maths.
Para 10 miler = 110 minutes = 11 minute miles
Para 20 miler = 285 minutes = 14.25 minute miles
= 29% increase each extra 10 miles.

29% of 14.25 = 4.13 + 14.25 = 18.38 x 30 miles = 551.4 ...

= 9 hrs 12 minutes for 30 miles

So yes, you are correct, they would do it slower.
Thank you Sarastro, thought as much though my maths isnt up to your standards!

Cheers
James