Share This Page:

PRMC 3 miler

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Chris_Manchester

PRMC 3 miler

Post by Chris_Manchester »

I was talking to a mate of mine who's in week 3 of RT, and he said the 3 mile runs more like 3.7 miles. Just wondering if there was any truth to this?
FPGRM
S Squadron
offbeatpath

Post by offbeatpath »

Hi Chris_Manchester, i doubt that they would add over a kilometer extra on to a run that has always been known as the 3 miler. Plus this is the first time i have ever heard that, so unless told different i would assume its 3 miles. I am going down to PRMC tomorrow so i will let you know mate

Ps 3.7 miles in under 22mins30sec is quite a tall order especially as you have to run at a certain pace for the first half of the run and then best effort back.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Chris,

First RT is likely very different to PRMC. Second, he could well be talking about the warm-ups, army PTI's certainly have you running a good while before and after the 'real' run.
Mephis

Post by Mephis »

hi chris

i was down at lympstone week before last and the 3 miler is only 3 miles or it was when i ran it lol, so i think hes pulling your leg
"Every race has a finish" Ozz The Green Lid

Psychometric Test - Passed
Medical Test - Passed
Eye Test - Passed
Interview - Passed
PJFT - Passed 8.46
PRMC - PASSED 20TH March 07
Macca

Post by Macca »

What Mephis said sounds like what your mate could of meant Chris_Manchester because from what iv herd on here you have to do a good warm up involving a fair amount of running just before the 3miler.
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

the 3 miler is 3 miles but i think he including the warm ups: sinse you do a LOT of running on the rugby pitch before the main run, also you do a fast jog before the run for about 3 mins,
Chris_Manchester

alright lads cheers, guess ill find out for myself in april. :D
FPGRM
S Squadron
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

I provide saftey cover for the PRMC 3 miler most weeks. I do this in a mini bus which of course has a mileometer.

I can absolutely confirm that the 3 mile run is 3 miles long, as it is the same route as the RM BFT.

Like wise, during RT the 6 miler is 6 miles and the 9 miler is 9 miles.

And guess what about the 30 miler? Yes, you guessed it - its 30 miles long!!
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Chris_Manchester

alright cheers stix, ill be sure not to buy my mate a pint next time he's down :wink:
FPGRM
S Squadron