Share This Page:

Medical/Drug test on arrival

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
MattP

Medical/Drug test on arrival

Post by MattP »

Hi guys, just wondering whether there will be another medical and a drugs test on arrival at CTC for RT?

Regards, Matt.
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

No theres no drugs test but that doesn't mean you can take them until you arrive.

There is a little medical but its just a few needles and taking blood from you nothing major.
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

The only thing I ever had was dental check up. I havent been tested once for drugs, but i heard it does happen.
We are what we do
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

tomharto30 wrote:The only thing I ever had was dental check up. I havent been tested once for drugs, but i heard it does happen.
After summer leave last year the whole camp was tested, 7 recruits were caught out including a 2 lads from my troop :roll:
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

twats! what troop was that?
We are what we do
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

The troop that just completed there commando course 925, although both lads were backtroopers
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

we got a couple of lads from that troop, just joined us. I take it your not with them anymore?? What troop you with now?
We are what we do
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

PM sent mate
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
MattP

Post by MattP »

Cheers for the speedy reply lads. not to worry mancunian kid drugs ain't my thing, well except booze and adrenaline of course. Just wondering whether we had one or not.
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

mancuniankid wrote:
tomharto30 wrote:The only thing I ever had was dental check up. I havent been tested once for drugs, but i heard it does happen.
After summer leave last year the whole camp was tested, 7 recruits were
caught out including a 2 lads from my troop :roll:
What happened to them?
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Dont the forces check for diseases that can be passed on via bodily fluids e.g. blood????

Thats a lil bit dodge aint it :-?
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

lodgi wrote:
mancuniankid wrote:
After summer leave last year the whole camp was tested, 7 recruits were
caught out including a 2 lads from my troop :roll:
What happened to them?
Dishonerably Discharged mate, you will find muppets that want to take drugs. A week after the drugs test 2 lad were looking for pills up in Torquay because they thought they just had a drug test there wont be another one soon. They didnt get hold of any though, :roll:
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

bit irresponsible lookin for drugs when your trying to become a marine,not the right attitude at all.pills only stay in your system for roughly 2 days(detected by a urine test),but the effects on your health can be more prolonged,and seen as your trying to get a job that requires you to stay in the best health you can,nevermind the risk of getting caught and chucked out,its ridiculous even contemplating it.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

degrees of passion wrote:bit irresponsible lookin for drugs when your trying to become a marine,not the right attitude at all.pills only stay in your system for roughly 2 days(detected by a urine test),but the effects on your health can be more prolonged,and seen as your trying to get a job that requires you to stay in the best health you can,nevermind the risk of getting caught and chucked out,its ridiculous even contemplating it.
You sure pills only stay in your system 2 days? I thought it was longer, plus, what about all ths shit in em? THeres smack in a lot of pills.
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

BS mate thats a myth!the most accurate and uptodate study has shown that the chance of having a pill with smack(heroin) in it is many many millions to one.why would someone want to put smack in a pill?its not worthwhile because the smack is worth money and so thats why they use fillers/adulterants instead,cos they are a cheap way of making up the pill-that story is mostly a scare tactic if nothing else,many long time users have home testing kits and test exactly whats in their pills first before taking them.there's only actually about 1/20th of the pill that contains the mdma/mda (the drug that gives the desired effects in ecstasy use),and yes,the rest can be allsorts of other stuff,but not heroin:it can however consist of other potentially harmful stuff like DXM or amphetamines like speed,which is often used to simulate the effects of the mdma.ketamine is also sometimes found in some pills.

sorry to go off on one and at the risk of sounding pro-drug use (which im not particularly),i'd much rather people were better informed about them as there is an awful lot of indoctrination/misrepresentation etc from the government and parents and teachers etc who dont actually know anything about them.just because theyre illegal doesnt make them worse than other substances(alcohol and cigarettes kill many more per year than say ecstasy or cannabis),as its not always health risks that affect government legislation on certain substances,how easy they are to tax for example is another consideration.

as far as im aware yes ecstasy takes roughly 2 days to go from your system,obviously depending on other physiological things,apparantly drinking plenty of water and having vitamin c helps.this is definately accurate for a urine sample test,im not sure for a blood sample though(weed takes 2 weeks for urine test,and for a DNA test anything upto 6 months).

bit of an essay there but ive done alot of research in the past,mostly out of sheer curiosity,and if anyone wants to know anything else about drugs i would be happy to try and help.its important to remember though that drug use is your CHOICE and there is always a RISK.personally,in making my decision to one day join the corp,drug use is NOT an option for me nor will it ever be.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'