Share This Page:

20+ pullups, armstrong pullup program (+all fitness)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
batess01

Post by batess01 »

batess01 wrote:
I will carry on doing this program, but wont share any more advice or evidence on the program publicaly, anyone wants to know ANYTHING just PM.

Thanks,

Seb
Last edited by batess01 on Thu 08 Mar, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
batess01

Post by batess01 »

if you have any genuine questions on the programme or on batess01's progress that you should PM him

Like i said before the shit hit the fan, i realy did not insult anyone on here. I only came on here to share some advice, and to see other peoples opinions on the program.

Seb
batess01

Post by batess01 »

Sully wrote:I think you've got it all wrong. Young Master Bates (as OC wannerbies) has stumbled upon a secret - who knows how he was given this information but I supect when he gets to CTC he will be put straight into the Cadre/ML Branch on the basis of his input here.

Now the secret is out I may as well explain. RM Monkey Bar Ninja Troop was developed in the arduous terrain of Northern Norway during the cold war. With typical Royal ingenuity Col Master-Bates asked the Pioneer Corps to knock up some 2km ladders ( :roll: "what the f**k for?" says OC Pioneer Corps special ops - "never you mind" is the reply).

Meanwhile Master-Bates was secretly training his elite cadre in the new insertion method. The star of the new unit was Rightsaidfred, pinged from Hunter Troop (his dodgy legs meant that his oppos had to carry him to the scran queue) by Master-Bates as an outstanding prospect for his new unit. On the other hand Artist the Aggronaut and Sully the Swede were turned down. Artist got by taking the easy option of Recce Troop and Sully's career in Headbutting Troop was tragically cut short when he dived into a jukebox on Union Street and was never seen again. No loss, they were a pair of old duffers who could only do the basics like yomp and shoot.

"Coming ashore?" was the standard cry but Master-Bates and his unit never obliged. Instead, unseen, they practiced pull up after endless pull up, not even finishing their toilet so much was their dedication. Piss and shit all over the floor earned them a reputation as 'animal' (if a wee bit anti social) drinkers but the secret remained. On watch or in the guardroom their heads were buried in strange scientific texts written by people who had never run for a bus but could describe the action very, very well.

If you are ever in a sticky situation and hear the terrifying wail of banshees it will be this band of brothers swinging into action and you know you will be safe.

:lol:

It's Only pullups Sully. :o

I dont think spending 10minutes a day is realy that time consuming? Maybe im very very wrong, and if so i deeply apologise (Even though (this is a fitness and training website aimed at motivating and sharing advice on fitness and training.

Your probably right, this is a BAD place to share thoughts, opinions and motivate each other on fitness.

Seb
Last edited by batess01 on Thu 08 Mar, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sully

Post by Sully »

No, Seb my friend you just crack on telling people how good you are and then spitting your dummy out when men who have been in the Corps think you're being a bit of a cock. Ok "mate"?

Spence, cheers for your input - how exactly should I be running for a bus?

sullyout and offski - I didn't get involved here to argue with kids.

Jay - can I have my money back please?
Per Flank, Per Tank
jay999

Post by jay999 »

:lol:
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Well i should not have opened that thread.

To sum up:

Pushupfred - you seem like an arrogant disrespectful prong.

Bates01 - you keep those pull ups going.

Sully - yours was the only funny post, and best way to respond in my opinion, and im interested. As i have never earned the Green Lid i feel i am far more qualified than Artist and yourself and am therefore considering going for Ninja Pull Up Troop.How does one join?

Spence - with such utter tosh posted on this thread, how did you expect sully to reply? He hasnt flown off the handle and insulted anyone, which he would have been well within his rigths to do.

Artist - How dare you suggest that someone does not train 24 hours a day, what would you know? :o And as for thinking its ok to trap a fair lady after downing a few wets....you montser. The Corps would NEVER allow such a thing. :D

dwarfy
fodd

Post by fodd »

lol fair one dwafy you have sumed it up great if you wannerbie nods want to get in RT learn to take a bit of banter
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
pushupfred

Post by pushupfred »

I didn't know Marines were so sensitive!

f@#k me, a young kid with dodgy legs has a rant and it's myself vs. the rest of mfat. You're like a bloody bunch of schoolkids. Then again, that's what the military is. :lol:

I don't care how hard the selection is, people have passed it and they are not superhuman, so that means anyone with the right dedication can pass it, don't pass people off as heroes because they were guided up a f@#k mountain.
fodd

Post by fodd »

i think this thread needs to be locked i cant be bothered listening to someone who's never been in the forces and disrspect people who have!
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Ok It's locked. Abuse is not needed to fellow forum users. Pushupfred PM inbound.

Artist